Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi April, good news, am interested in how you go. DH and I have looked briefly into this and will also seriously consider. We are in nsw, spoke to Barnados, rules are getting easier. You used to have to be off fertility treatment for a year, now I think is couple of months? Lilac, would be interested in your experience. Maybe we start a new thread on this? Give me a few weeks to see how my results go first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very long repost from FB, warning a lot of TMI sorry.
    Ps - sandy I had some stuff to say re clexane last week but have been really crook, glad you got it sorted👍

Quick me update : back in hospital again, this time that burst incision from operation got majorly infected so was at emergency last night and here for a couple days on intravenous antibiotics etc. Yes you can officially call me a bloody drama queen!! I must love hospitals! (Not)...Can't wait to get home, it was another scary experience will tell more about when outta here (or maybe i shouldn't as it is pretty stomach churning), so revolting when I took the dressing off I almost vomited last night!!
    Wanted to write happy '12 weeks today' post yesterday (still yay!) but couldn't even pick up phone, really should have realised earlier in retrospect that something was up with me, but again the bloody IVF 'must be a tough cookie syndrome' had me fooled...OB said today people like us have a tendency to suffer longer without complaining, whereas women with breeze conception/pregnancies usually pick up on things earlier...makes sense i guess as our pain/tolerance thresholds get higher I think, learning same bloody lesson again as with ovary. Weirdly though the site itself was not painful (until doc started draining/squeezing it) so was really hard to even link how i was feeling to this festering wound. Had no idea what was going on under dressing for 6 days but had felt very hot in face, headaches, exhausted, couldn't get out of bed much etc for final couple of days and even then going to bed at 7 or 8pm which is odd for me (and just needed dark room all day by last day) but just thought it was pregnancy/drugs symptoms/one of those things and could only see what looked like an air bubble under the patch, which I thought meant healing...well it was not an air bubble and kept growing in size (meaning getting better I thought! What a dummy! But the dressing was yellow and opaque so was hard to distinguish anything wrong, and couldn't see any red through it as was told to look out for, learnt today from ob she meant 'anything at all you can see through it', good one alisa!). Anyway, as i was due to go back to work today, thought should re-dress wound last night at home and when i lifted the corner of patch the stuff that started oozing down my stomach nearly made me pass out (think lots of yellow and red mixed together, sorry TMI, infact this whole post is TMI so tune out now if you have a weak stomach😁). When i ripped patch to centre of wound it was like this crazy yellow worm inside of a gaping bloody red hole!! It felt like a show on the discovery channel no joke!! And with this crazy run of events (rushed to hosp 4 times in about 5 weeks) I feel like it must sound as if I'm making it all up!!...seriously hubby & I were looking at each other going you have got to be kidding!!!! Then the scared tears for bub started😔... Anyway turns out it's a staph infection but not the real bad one golden staph. Will need to see a wounds nurse every 2nd day for at least 10 to pack wound (as it is literally a wide open raw hole now), thought i would be cleaned/stitched up again/antibiotics/sent home and the doc just laughed at me! can't re-stitch, these big infections need to heal from inside out and open, so just an even bigger battle wound!! you don't even want to know what came out of it in the ER😧... the doc was great though (said better out than in! which is true) but i have never seen anything like this with my own eyes in real life, let alone from my own body! (To be fair I kept my eyes shut during this part with hands firmly over top!). Not pleasant at all when they needed to squeeze every last drop out. Was very scary too last night as 1st nurse could not find heartbeat with the bloody doppler and we were freaking that the infection had spread to bub (starting to hate those things, mine has worked 1/5 times at home and can't return it, i guess may be of more use later on, but if had choice again would not have bought it). Doc did find heartbeat with it eventually which we felt a little better but still very emotional and scared as they said i was presenting with septic like symptoms and called OB/wazza etc and all wanted me staying in hosp as worried of infection getting in blood****** and harming baby. But on mend now, still had throbbing headache needing dark room all day, very painful at infection site and hot flushes on and off as infection fights and works way out of body (had some pain relief but don't want super strong as same during ovary op recovery need to keep meds down ie. not vomit and hate the constipation - but panadeine/panadol combo ok until succumbed this arvo for a 1/2 panadeine forte which surprisingly helped a lot and combined with zofran worked a treat). Have called dr m as was due to start weaning things this friday, not sure if this will effect his directions. No work til at least next week now. However late this arvo very good news! Baby bear still all good and well at scan, happy kicking around oblivious to the pain mum is in!! Arms & legs grown so much in 8 days it was unreal! So we soldier on as long as bub ok I am happy. Ok, so not quick update sorry! Never is! By the time i pick up phone again i'm usually well enough for a good ramble once I get started, so suppose that's a good sign! lol...Talk soon, best wishes to all cycling atm xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also wrote this on FB (so was actually written at 1am last night over there, losing the plot a bit from lack of sleep! Previous night in ER didn't get to my room until 3am and only couple hours sleep then too, all outta whack...oh well I'm a bit crazy at the best of times lol...no wonder I sound like a fruit loop), prob don't need to repost here but what the heck😜...I'm an open book and happy for you to know my loopiness

I know I'm always apologizing for crazy long posts...to explain I literally come back to the post over hours adding things when i can and they sometimes get out of hand! I am a bit obsessive with the written word, and I guess instead of being paranoid of what anyone thinks I should just remember that no one is under any duress to read the bloody things! And it helps me to write it through tough situations when I still don't have this bloody blog up and running (and not sure that I ever will lol...but I do intend to finish my rockyknowsbest novel when off bloody bed rest!!). I guess I'm just a bit of a frustrated maybe aspiring writer and going a bit stir crazy in recent times who needs a good bloody vent now and then (and likes the word bloody as a decent swear word!)
    Goodnight all, so funny the nurse just came in to give me more antibiotics as my machine started beeping and she caught me at the fridge making a ton of crackers with cheese as I get midnight snack pangs...🙈 xx
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 17-07-2013 at 09:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually sandy just re-reading your post about clexane and I did have a couple of things maybe worth saying, so might post later (hopefully from home!)...breakfast just arrived😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Well it has been a while since I have posted so just wanted to say hi to everyone and wish everyone all the best wherever they are at in their cycles/pregnancies etc

Welcome to all the newbies – samosk, woddy1982 and kerrby – hope you find this forum as wonderful as I do. There is so much good information on here.

April78 – Good luck with the fostering process. I too would be really interested to hear how you go. Perhaps you should start a new thread. It is something that we have considered also but we are not quite there yet. I really hope this works out how you expect it to.

Sandy – Thanks for your thoughts. I am ok. I really hope you are going to get a BFP this time. Hope you are not going to crazy in the TWW.

Lissylou – My goodness! I can not believe what you have endured during this pregnancy. My heart goes out to you. You seriously need a blog. It is almost unbelievable that one person could have so many things go wrong. I really do believe that your little bear is a fighter and is as determined as you are for him to make it into this world. I can only imagine the stories you are going to tell him when he is older. Don’t know why I am calling him ‘him’. Perhaps you have referred to him in this way in one of your other posts. Hope your hospital stay is short and that you are back recovering as soon as possible. Thinking of you

Timetoshine/B123 – Good luck for your scans this week ladies. I will be thinking of you both.
    Flowers/Litefantastic – I am thinking you both are in your tww, just had a quick look back through posts but am not sure. Anyway, if you aren’t won’t be long until you are. Wishing you both the best of luck

Litefantastic – next time you do a roll call update can you please add me to the ón a break’ section. I just tried but I think bubhub is playing up

Hi to everyone else, Simpson desert, Bella, Romy, Jaandaw, Stillhope, Onelove and Yellowbird . AFM - We are heading overseas in a couple of weeks for a family holiday and then we will reassess where we are at and what our next plan will be when we get back. I am also going to be doing a mock cycle with Wazza so that we can be sure that I am responding to the estrogen appropriately as I had a lining drop close to egg pick in my last cycle. I really want to make sure we cover all basis and have everything right before our next cycle.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope06 For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (17-07-2013),StillHope  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know hope, I feel like such a whinger, but it's all true (wish it wasn't)!!
    A trip away sounds fantastic and just what you need✨Also the wazza trial cycle a great idea, he really does help cover all bases hey.

Would write more but they just gave me yuck antibiotics so need to try and close my eyes for a bit...next time I write hope not to be any more about me me me and more support to others xx
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 17-07-2013 at 12:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news! We have one healthy bean on board, heartbeat of 166! 🎉👶 feel so happy and relieved!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

StillHope  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news timetoshine!!!! Hooray!!! Very very happy for you, I know how worried you were from past experiences...it just shows now you are on the right treatment history does not need to repeat itself! 🎉🎉🎉

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now its Time To Shine, timetoshine :-) woohooo
    Congratulation :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

timetoshine  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Time to shine!!🎈
    Flowers and April if you do end up starting a thread about foster care I'd be happy to help with info in any way I can x
    Yikes Lissy, hope you can get some rest after your ordeal. Happy to hear your bubs is fine.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

flowers8  (21-07-2013),timetoshine  (17-07-2013)