Closed Thread
Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sweet lemonade: Congrats!!!!

I just had my first scan to day - saw one strong heartbeat! Everything looks good im so releaved... Was so afraid that something was gona be wrong... After everything im just so used getting bad news....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I saw that you are in Iceland. I am likley to have my next ivf there as I am hakf Icelandic and Art Medica has a good reputaion. Can I ask what clinic you are at as I saw you went to blastocyst and I wasnt aware that they went to Blastocyst in Art Medica. Is there another clinic? Also where did you get your immune therapy? I have severe endometriosis so would like insist on an immune cycle next time (will be my 3rd attempt).
    Apologies for all the questions, I was just so pleased to see that you are in Iceland!

i think i can see a bfp in your signature strip. How fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samosk: HiHi
    I stopped going to Art Medica years a go! They have very low success rate and they only do day 2 transfer - also you are a wake during Egg collection!!! Belive be it hurts! Im the first woman in Iceland to get immune treatment - The only IVF clinik on the island (Art Medica) dont belive in NK and other immune problems.
    They spoke against me getting this treatment so thats why i have to pay for it all myself.

Do you speak Icelandic? If yes have a look at my infertilty page: www.ofrjosemi.wordpress.com

I went to Prague for my last treatment. The name of the clinik Gennet. They dont do Immune treatments but they knew what i was doing and it was no problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies!!! Really appreciate the kind words!!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls... I'm just wondering if you were taking prednisolone- were you weaned off it or stayed on it your whole pregnancy? And clexane too? I'm really nervous something will go wrong when my FS weans me off...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome samosk!!! Good luck with your Icelandic treatment- lucky you to have b123 to give you such jag test advise in your path to archiving a healthy pregnancy!!!!

Woody - welcome, I just had a follow up appt with my immunologist and I won't stop weaning off prednisone until about 12 weeks, clexane may not until 7 months (but its different for everyone!) and progesterone will continue until 14 weeks and then reduce as well after the placenta has taken over I guess

Afm just a quick one this morning to keep you up to date, had a suitcase scan yesterday with immunologist he just wanted to see how everything was going and was very happy with size and shape of the sac, he said that little beanie baby was moving and had a good HR of 160 - DH was funny as when Dr M said lets go have a quick look we didn't know if he was going to have a look inside (ifykwim) and as soon as he heard a little inkling we were looking at bubs he pocked his head in and asked if he could come in - very cute 😉

Have a good weekend all xo Crofty

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

B123  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *surprise scan (not suitcase scan!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ladies! I have never been apart of an online forum before however I am looking for some reassurance and woman to relate to! I am 28 hubby 38 and we have BTTC for 3 years we are about to meet my doctor on thursday to discuss moving forward with bondi protocol as I have high NKC and PCOS had 2 miscarraiges since July last year. Just wanting some feedback as to how long it took to a) get a positive result b) any side effects from the treatment c) how is it administered and (sorry for all the questions!!!) any help and advice would be appreciated feeling a little alone in it all as all my girlfriends only have to look at their hubby's and they are pregnant! Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samosk - welcome! Glad you have b123 to share info with, it's amazing how bubhub stretches all over the world!! Best wishes!✨

Woody1982 - can't see your signature on phone and only a couple of posts grom you, but I think you are UTD?! If so congrats!! I am 11 weeks today so haven't started weaning, but steroids wean from 12 weeks and clexane til birth for me I think, but it all depends on your individual situation - how high nk cells, and I have the most severe form of mthfr so blood clotting a big issue for me. Do you consult dr m or just fs? maybe your ob can help? All the best!✨

Crofty - so glad you got an extra scan!! Isn't it beautiful to see them move around?! Wow, you are weaning steroids already? Lucky you! So no more beard lady/kiwi fruit face for long eh?😜👍

Kerrbby - welcome! I am sorry to hear of your losses...if you look at BH on a desktop you will be able to see most of our journeys have been very long, however once on the right immune protocol things can turn around quite quickly! Bondi is just steroids + clexane usually. So tablets and daily blood thinning injections. Side effects depend on dosage, steroids high dose can cause insomnia in early stages and lots of energy, and a fluffy and puffy face longer term lol! Clexane injections just hurt like a b*tch!! (Well mine do as high dose so suspect a thicker needle, not everyone has same troubles - it's cause of the viscosity of the solution wouldn't get through a smaller needle head like most stims - but no pain no gain!). We tried bondi a few times but wasn't enough for us. Most of us here are kinda past that point (bondi type protocol is offered by most fs's i think) and had to go for more hard core treatment including intralipid transfisions or the like higher dose other stuff and consult a reproductive immunologist, dr gamal Matthias in Sydney. I consult him by phone. But I guess you need to try bondi first as for some it's all they need. It all depends on the severity of your immune issues. Hopefully you will be one of those lucky ones!✨

Just FYI - I wrote a massive post recently (just up this page I think) and maybe not everyone has had chance (or time or patience lol) to read it. But I did write to every single person with any questions posed lately, so if you didn't see it you just hit the blue arrow key at bottom of post to open the whole post (cause it's so bloody long!)...just don't want anyone to feel I left them out!😘😘😘

AFM - still recovering on bed rest. Hopefully back to work 15th July...kinda want to get out again and kinda just want to stay in cocoon and protect little bear as long as possible at home!! Unfortunately one of my incisions from surgery is infected so prob back to ob today for antibiotics...urgghhh...not painful, just annoying really and a bit paranoid about any bacteria in that area of belly near bub. Anyway, I'm sure it will heal, but 2 weeks post surgery should not look like it does when other sites have healed. But we survived losing an ovary together so I'm hopeful this is a tiny little thing to address for little bear & I. Xxxx
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 08-07-2013 at 06:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks crofty and lissy. I'm 6 weeks so still a while till I can get off the prednisolone but hopefully I make it far enough to have to worry about weaning