Closed Thread
Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    LiteFantastic - My heart was literally stopped reading about your day, I think you made the right decision. How nerve wracking but so exciting one is hopefully snuggling down for the long haul. But wonderful news you have a frozen backup.
    Can I ask why you do the DNA testing? Does it just filter out those that won't work (ie less failed cycles) or something else? It was never really offered to me.
    xx
    Hi Yellowbird, we were recommended PGD because of all my chemical pregnancies which my FS thought was due to bad eggs (despite my age). However she doesn't believe in immune issues either, so I think our bad luck has been due to a combination of bad eggs and immune issues. It's a Catch 22 though, you have to stim harder to get more eggs to ensure you've got enough to test, which can reduce egg quality

I've also met with a dr at Monash IVF who treats immune patients in Melbourne, and he would not recommend PGD for us, but do a lower stim for better, fewer eggs. So we'll see how we go, might try that next if this cycle doesn't work out....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Litefantastic! That's fantastic news!! Wow, and 1 in the freezer too - i know how precious they are as I've only ever made it to freeze once in 2011 (we got 2 in freezer one go and one of those FETs was our only ever chem, every other transfer was bfn until our recent success). We never got enough good quality ones near the end to do PGD with, was better just to whack them in. Have you ever tried Saizen? It's a growth hormone that both my fs & dr M suggested and not sure if it made the difference, but this was the cycle we got lucky. Also tried stimming with menopur for 1st time. Cost wise saizen was similar to PGD i think, so was a better option for us given our egg quality issues.
    So very happy for you that you are PUPO, i think the days between EPU & transfer are the most ecscruciating of all and you are now through it!

B123 - all the best!!! We are here to support you through the crazy days while those little ones are doing their thing!! I know the feeling very well of wanting to just get them all back in there!!

yellowbird - where are you up to in cycle? yes by the sounds your drugs may be lower due to lower nk cells, depending on which type of tests we are comparing (seeing as you haven't seen dr M I'm assuing you just had the nk cells biopsy or BT by another doc) my nk cells biopsy was like 56% or something crazy, so 13 is not much over the normal range compared to that. when i was re-biopsied when on 10mg pred and after intralipids, it went down to about 14%. However since seeing dr M he's told me these results can be a little unreliable as they are done at labs all over not especially trained in nk cells, but can still be a good indictator. but hey, the less drugs the better to get you over the line! all the best

Flowers - still thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. it is such a hard journey and you have endured more than most. i hope this month brings lots of time away from the rollercoaster, so you can get back on refreshed when you are ready
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 05-06-2013 at 09:24.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

flowers8  (13-06-2013),LiteFantastic  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just sharing name of product incase anyone needs it in future, and as lots of ladies here on high dose steroids it might be of help to someone. as i've been going on about i've had a rough time with sleep for awhile. for the first time last night i used a product called Restavit. It is an over the counter antihistamine (pharmacist needs to put your name on the box) reccomended by my psychiatrist & Dr M. Category A for pregnancy. I was very sceptical that it would work, but to my absolute shock i slept from 9.30pm - 4.30am without even getting up for the toilet! It has literally been weeks since that has happened (even longer as i am a chronic night pee'r lol).
    Anyway, just wanted to share the good news & info incase it helps anyone. I do have a pretty dry mouth/throat this morn & felt a little fuzzy getting up, but well worth it for the sleep and also peace of mind that it is a very safe medication.
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 05-06-2013 at 09:47.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

Hope06  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Litefantastic, yay to being pupo! Hope emby burrows in nicely

B123 good fert rates, hope they continue growing nicely for you!

Crofty did you get onto dr m? Hope you have some better luck getting through today. I received my test results in the mail from them yesterday, which I asked to be sent on 23/5. Hopefully gwen is back today and can get your intralipids sorted

Hi to all the preggos and everyone else. Hope you are all doing well

Afm, I am in the tww! Although I never got a positive opk (first and possible last time using them) my body was showing all the right signs so hopefully we caught the egg. Settling into the pred, most side effects gone now except a pleasantly clear and awake mind during the day. Still able to sleep on this dose. Clexane going well and only 1 tiny bruise so far can't wait to start poas haha!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    timetoshine - how many days post transfer or IUI are you?? when is BT date?? when do we start seeing pee sticks??!!...i'm having withdrawals!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy, No transfer or iui, just the traditional old way haha. I think I ovulated on Sunday so will prob start poas next wed/thur? I knew you would be keen to see some sticks lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    oohhhhh, goodie!!! sticks!!! the natural way, crikey what is that lol...good work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy - I am 5dp5dt so getting closeish. I have less side effects from the progesterone than ever before so the mind is dancing away...lol. Yesterday I felt all sorts of exciting things and today nothing...could be good, could be bad or I could just be going crazy. I wasn't going to POAS (even though I bought some cheapie internet ones...just in case) BUT all this talk of it and I am wondering if I just might....argh! I think I will delay the torture as long as I can unless I have a 'valid' reason to (like the sky is blue that day or something! lol)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    LiteFantastic - Thanks for the info on PGD too...It must be so confusing when different doctors prefer different treatments...xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    Everyone seems on much stronger meds than me (I'm not seeing Dr M), I'm on 20mg prednisolone and 20 clexane. My NK numbers were ok but activity was 13 point Something and anything over 12 isn't normal, so I guess I'm just over -hence the lower doses...makes me wonder why I didn't get pregnant and misscarry if it was just over? Though I am pleased I didn't (except once), just makes me wonder.
    yellowbird, this just popped into my head, as you don't have a signature i'm not sure of your journey without trying to find previous posts. does the above mean that you have already had a baby? and you are saying you are not sure why you didn't miscarry due to the nk cells? just wanted to mention that someone here said (sorry i can't remember who it was) that you can infact have a baby, and then further along your immune system gets activated and nk cells can rise therefore making it harder to get no. 2....so not all of us are trying for no. 1, i think there are a few who had their 1st ok but are now faced with immune issues ttc no. 2. In this boat are I think hope, timetoshine, nat, sorry can't think of others. anyway just popped into my head so wanted to let you know

oohhh getting close to stick time for you!!
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 05-06-2013 at 14:48.