Closed Thread
Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps - sandy I reckon wazza will put you on clexane, surprised Kee didn't already if you had proven nk cells?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy I'm on 40 clexane. Pretty standard dose I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey hummingbird, how's things going - did you decide to go ahead with this cycle or wait to do the doxy? or do you have a miracle bfp like you were hoping to report?!

just wanted to say, boy did i eat my words in past few days....really, really, really sorry for all my rants about drug safety etc and not worrying...i literally lost the plot yesterday after almost 2 weeks of little sleep and was so paranoid myself about taking anything i had to go through all the literature with my old psychiatrist to calm me down! i guess it's a game changer when you actually do fall pregnant, and i can't imagine even more so after the loss you experienced. in retrospect i think i was trying to convince myself not to worry as i had my own escalating heath issues that needed addressing with medication i was also secretly worried about.

anyway, just wanted to say sorry and i hope i didn't scare you off and that we see you back here soon. i finally got some sleep so hope to be a little less 'soap-boxy' in future xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowers8 View Post
    Hi all, thanks so much for your support, I really appreciate it! Having a lovely relaxing weekend trying not to think too much.

I suppose my first instinct is to detox off these drugs for at least a month. My tummy is super bloated - I look 4 months pregnant, I've got a turkey neck, I'm still jittery from the dex, and my toes keep curling backwards!

I generally do yoga retreats to detox after cycles, and at least get my body shape back. I don't like the idea of all the stuff in my system. However will check in with naturopath, drM and FS next week.

flowers
    Hi Flowers, sorry to hear your news, thinking of you at this time when words are pretty much meaningless....

Your note shows you have such a positive approach and the yoga detox will definitely be restorative to help get you back in balance. Take care.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

flowers8  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone finally checking in since EPU, great to see Lissylou and Crofty going well and getting great HCG numbers, and now scans - how exciting - this immune treatment stuff actually works!

B123 - hope your collection went well, I'm always paranoid my eggs have 'hatched' before pick-up

Hope06 - I hope your procedures went well and you're cleared for take-off this cycle.

Yellowbird - I'm on Clexane, Megafol 5mg & low dose aspirin for the blood clotting issues, started 40 clexane on day 1 as per Dr M instructions, increase to 60 post transfer.

AFM - we had egg collection last Thursday, brought forward by a day due to tracking ahead of schedule. Got 25 eggs, 17 fertilised via ICSI.

Now comes the tough bit - only SIX embies made it to 8 cells by Day 3 for biopsy which I found out Monday lunchtime (they were biopsied on Sunday for PGD/aCGH testing). I was pretty devastated with this, last cycle (identical stim) we got 8 to biopsy and two were normal.

Today was transfer day, and due to the time it takes to run the chromosome analysis you don't find out if you have anything to transfer until the same day. If you get a phone call, it's bad news (nothing to transfer). No news is good, you're on for transfer, but you have no idea how many are normal and how many to transfer. It's truly excruciating.

Well DH and I met at the rooms, no idea if we had one or two good ones (just happy to be there at all really). So we're called in and turns out we have two good ones out of six (amazing!) - they were a morula and early blast this morning, but by 2.30pm (the embryologist checked while I was getting changed) we had a beautiful hatching blast (half out!) and an early blast. Plus - we have one "Untested" - i.e. the cell taken did not have any DNA in it - but it is also an early blast.

What to do? Had a 10 min discussion with DH, FS and embryologist about how many to put in, FS wanted two, but we decided to stick with our original plan and put in one, and freeze the remaining two. After last cycle - putting in two 'perfects' in and getting a chemical - I want to have a second chance if the immune meds are not strong enough to suppress my system this time.

So I am PUPO with one perfect hatching blast, and one frozen, so relieved and hoping the IVIG, clexane, prednisolone, progesterone and all the other meds and vitamins will do the trick

It's been a big day - thanks for letting me share
    Last edited by LiteFantastic; 04-06-2013 at 17:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work litefantastic!!! Such an emotional roller coaster ride isn't it- so happy you transferred a beautiful hatching blast!!! Good luck in your TWW and with your coinciding immune protocol!!! We're all sending you Lots of love, good vibes and baby dust✨✨🙏🙏😄😄

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LiteFantastic - My heart was literally stopped reading about your day, I think you made the right decision. How nerve wracking but so exciting one is hopefully snuggling down for the long haul. But wonderful news you have a frozen backup.
    Can I ask why you do the DNA testing? Does it just filter out those that won't work (ie less failed cycles) or something else? It was never really offered to me.

Lissy - So glad you managed some sleep, I guess the prednisolone is good up to a point!!

Everyone seems on much stronger meds than me (I'm not seeing Dr M), I'm on 20mg prednisolone and 20 clexane. My NK numbers were ok but activity was 13 point Something and anything over 12 isn't normal, so I guess I'm just over -hence the lower doses...makes me wonder why I didn't get pregnant and misscarry if it was just over? Though I am pleased I didn't (except once), just makes me wonder.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi litefantastic, sandy and all,
    thanks for asking after me. i'm ok, obviously very disappointed. Still it was first go on immune therapy so am willing to give it another try. FS, naturopath are ok with me taking a month off to detox. Left a message for drm letting him know my BPN and haven't heard back yet so don't know his opinion.

regarding clexane, i was put on it years ago before i knew about the immune issues, during ivf cycles at genea (then sydney ivf). my current fs also suggested it in previous cycles. I took it for this lasy cycle, suggested by drm, 40mg , i think from insemination (IUI cycle) but should check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    litefantastic - great news!
    b123- good luck with epu!
    hope - good luck with your procedures. so you would have seen the elusive drm today?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers8 For This Useful Post:

Hope06  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Litefantastic: Really hope this will be your lucky treatment!
    I can only imagine the shock... It must have so hard staying possitive while waiting for day 5.

I only got 7 eggs and 5 were fully mature. All got fertiliced and are still alive...
    I have never got so few eggs before... Makes me nervous but im trying to stay possitive.
    We are planing on blastocyst transfer but rigth now i just want them all put upp asap hehehe...

Good luck to you all!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to B123 For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (05-06-2013)