Closed Thread
Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope I forgot to put good luck with the oestrogen dropping will stay tuned x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy1 For This Useful Post:

Hope06  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Crofty that's fantastic news!
    Congratulations!!!

It sure gives me hope - I'm the next cab off the rank - BT this friday 31st. I am feeling symptoms - sore breasts (progesterone), really tired, hungry. No spotting though. But have had the same symptoms before with no results...

Baby dust to everyone!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers8 For This Useful Post:

crofty  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope06 View Post
    Hi Lissylou, I am kind of in cycle at the moment, in so far as I am taking the pill nightly to down regulate, plus taking all the supplements Wazza recommends for DH and myself. I have to get a blood test done on Thursday to check my estrogen levels as they are sky high (988) due to the cyst on my ovary. They like it to be under 80 (I think) on D4 of an IVF cycle. FS thinks the pill should bring the levels down and if it hasn't then they will have to cancel my cycle this month as they need me to start Lucrin on Thursday in order for me to cycle this month and you can't start Lucrin or stimming until estrogen levels are within the right ranges. Wazza is away for a month (I think) from mid June and then I am away in the beginning of August so if I can't cycle this month then I may not be able to cycle again until end of August. Judging by the symptoms I am having from high estrogen levels I don't think they have dropped much, but we shall see. I have my surgery on Monday for endo check, scratch and liopodol flush and if need be they will take care of the cyst as well.

I have also got most of my results back from Chicago blood testing. I am still waiting on DH's DQ Alpha and Beta results but I suspect that we probably will have a partial match due to my high TNF TH1/TH2 ratios. I have listed below the things that are showing as abnormal in my results. If anybody understands any of this stuff please feel free to comment as I think I am confusing myself with an overload of information:

NK Assay Results

50:1 (9.3 L) range 10.0-40.0
    %CD19 (13.5 H) range 2.0-12.0
    %CD19+cells,CD5+ (14.3 H) range 5.0-10.0

TH1/TH2 Intracellular Cytokines Ratios

TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) (54.2 H) ratio range 13.2-30.6
    IFN-g:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) (26.8 H) ratio range 5.8-20.5

i wasn't re tested for uterine CD56 and CD57 but my last tests showed CD56 @ 43.1% with 9.5% being the 75th Centile and CD57 cells @ 20/mm2. I was meant to have my phone cosult with Dr M tonight it will have to cancel if Gwen can't find DH's results. I am busy madly tring to read DR Beers book to try and make sence ofit all so if anybody understands this better than me please tell me what you think
    Hi Hope,
    Regarding the testing:

I had a look through your tests and they seem to be different to mine. I had my tests done in Sydney not Chicago:
    Endometrial biopsy:
    CD56 positive cells - approximately 550 per single high power field; about 50% of stromal cells;
    CD 57 ok.

Blood tests: the only out of range result was:
    CD3 (Pan T cells): cell count: 76; absolute count: 2.43; reference range: (0.90-2.10).
    Other things tested for but normal were:
    CD19 (B cell); HLA-DR (Class II); CD3 (Pan T cells); CD4 (T helper); CD8 (t supressor); CD3-/CD16+CD56+ (nk); CD3+/HLA-DR (act.T); Th:Ts (CD4/CD8) Ratio; CD3-/CD16+ (NK); CD3- /CD+(NK); CD3+/CD16+; CD3+/CD56+; CD57; CD57/CD8.

I have no idea what any of that means but this info may help someone.

And my treatment via DrM is:
    Dexamethasone x 3 daily;
    Clexane 40mg x 1 day;
    Doxicyclene x 1 daily (for this other urea parvum thing my naturopath tested for);
    Intrallipids I did 2 days before insemination.
    Caltrate plus x 2 daily;
    Progesterone 400mg x 1 daily.

I also take women's supplement, fish oil x 3 daily, vitamin E and vitamin C recommended by naturopath.

My method is:
    I'm on a 'natural' IUI cycle which means no drugs prescribed by FS. They do blood tests every 2 days or so from day 10 to estimate my ovulation day. On that day I get sperm inserted which takes 15 minutes then after a rest off I go. I did get acupuncture directly afterwards this time. Then a blood test a week later for progesterone to check i have ovulated. Then the pregnancy test a week after that.

I hope that helps you girls to compare your treatments.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers8 For This Useful Post:

Hope06  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandy, mthfr is a separate blood test not covered by Medicare. It didn't show up on my karyotyping but did when it was specifically tested for. I noticed that my fs tested me for homocysteine last year which builds up in your body if you have mthfr and this was within range for me, but reading dr beers book it says your level when not pregnant does not indicate how your body reacts and what your levels reach when pregnant so it is important to test for mthfr directly and treat if positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you flowers8 for posting your protocoll.

I just came from the doctor. 20 follucles in good size and few more smaller
    so that explains the pain i have in my ovaries hahaha...

im from Iceland... For you that dont know were it is ... Little island next to greenland.

Doctors here dont belive in this treatment so im going to Prague in Europe for my treatment. Im the first woman in Iceland to get this immune treatment...

Babydust

9. The Following User Says Thank You to B123 For This Useful Post:

flowers8  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for Fri Flowers, sending you lots if sticky vibes, positive love & light!

Kiwi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi77 For This Useful Post:

flowers8  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    B123 great follie numbers!!! Sending lots of luck for some nice mature eggs for some great fertilisation

Lissyloulou - poor thing, I guess it would be the progesterone pulling and pushing - every twinge just feels weird and I don't think anyone who goes through IVF ever has a worry free pregnancy - it's a matter of milestones, and your just getting closer to your goal

Sandy - hope your recovering well and good luck with Dr M!!!!!

Flowers - good luck honey!!! Are you going to cave and poas? I've never been a poas addict and will do another tomorrow morning (as that's the actual day I am suppose to) before calling the fertility centre to let them know - so is Friday 14 dpo for you??? Hope you get some rest before then

Hi everyone else have a great day xoxo Crofty

13. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks timetoshine, I will remember to remind you too I promise!!
    On a better note I did another pee stick this morn just for peace of mind due to all the cramping and it's looker stronger than ever, starting to pull all the ink from the control line, so I will try to breath today and remember they these cramps were also there in the tww and we are still pregnant!!

B123, that is awesome!! Great looking follies & that you are from Iceland! What an interesting & exotic place to be from! I lived in London for a couple years in my early 20's but didn't venture over there, would have loved to. Do you get asked about Bjork all the time?! Haha...I used to love her when I was a grungy little uni student

Sandy, oh gosh no, it wasn't you that scared me specifically. I have seen so many people go through losses on threads all over as I've been on BH so long. And I think it's a natural fear that comes up too having never been here before. Please do get the test for the MTHFR gene mutation, it's just a blood test anyone can request for you (even gp though they likely won't know what it is). I have the most severe form and it definately alters my treatment as I'm on 60mg clexane due to it. I have a lot of info about it if you ever need it and actually consulted a doc in the USA about it. My whole family then got tested as it's an indicator for lots of other things. I am doing great now on all the right vitamins. But better to test first, then if you need to look at the info do so, so you don't waste time if you don't need to as it can be quite extensive if you have the form I have.a snapshot is I'm homozygous C677T which means 2 copies (on both strands of DNA, from both mother & father) of the C677T. I don't have the right enzyme to breakdown folic acid and therefore have to take activated folate & lots of high dose B vitamins. But it clearly helps in lots of ways as I haven't had to take antidepressants for over 12 months now and and feel great even through IVF, I had to take them for over 10 years. It can be an indicator for things like depression & dementia, which are rife in my family...anyway sorry to go on, hopefully it's not an issue for you But can be treated too so all good, just best to know about it.

As for progynova/provera, wazza just puts everyone on it, didn't even discuss. When I came out of EPU it was just written on my treatment plan. He uses a lot more stuff than any doc I've seen. When I asked the nurse, she just said he prescribes it to everyone. And I don't have a particular lining issue. Guess he likes to cover all bases!
    No to the acupuncture, but I would have tried it again next time along with Chinese herbs or Stacey at Sharkeys (same thing). Actually that reminds me I need to cancel my appointment! I would have had next 2 months off to really try to work on egg quality and was going to ask Stacey about it, here's hoping I won't need to see her until maybe our next bub!
    This was the first time I ever tried Saizen, 3mg for 8 days. Also synarel nasal spray for a couple weeks before stimming.
    Saw wazza yesterday when he put my intralipid in, he said I don't know what worked for you, if it was this matthias guy or what (he has a way with words lol) but he said I don't care as long as you stay pregnant. As you go further through process and get to know him more he is just awesome.

and yes ditto good luck flowers, only a few more sleeps!!!
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 28-05-2013 at 11:29.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

flowers8  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually just referring to progynova in previous post made me realise that might also be contributing towards cramping. I'm still on 2mg x 2, 4 times per day. And the only time I had to take it was recovering from a scratching etc and I remember feeling like crap then too, and I wasn't taking as much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo Hoo Crofty

We need to update the graduates on our roll call!