+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What can possibly help me?

Hi. Ive been on antidepressants for the good part of the last 7 yrs.
    I am now 9 weeks preg and off my citalopram.

There is a whole lot going on in my life. In a nut shell:
    * Pregnancy
    * DP facing court next month
    * ex husband being very difficult re DD's care (solicitors etc)
    * financial stress
    * DD's add, odd and ocd plus autism really effecting her behaviour negativly
    * DD's current medical issues (diagnosed with new bone disease).
    * Just quit smoking due to pregnancy

I am so angry, sad, emotions everywhere! May be the pregnancy hormones, but seriously, im struggling.
    Im always cranky. Nothing seems to calm me or make me happy for long.

Any suggestions on things i can do to improve my mood?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me...basically the only way I could see through my cloud of depression was the fact that it was ME who had to get myself out and make ME happy again. You need to have motivation to get yourself out of the house and enjoy what you have and you need to accept yourself. I'm on meds and have been for the past 16 yrs, hit rock bottom, taken myself to mental health, called a social worker and seen psycholagists....the answer to happiness, I have learned, Is within yourself.
    Be positive, you CAN do it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got a psych? Even to just go in and vent to
    Walking, swimming, exercise releases the feel good hormones
    Meditation
    Keep a diary/journal, vent away in there...
    Have you got any hobbies that make you feel good? Or could you take one up?
    Nice hot showers help me de-stress.
    Do you have extra assistance for your DD?
    Have some pampering - facial, nails, etc
    Inbox me if you need a vent, I am a good listener

Is it a possibility if things go bad for you that you can go back on anti-depressants? I managed to week 19-20 off my mess but sadly went back on. I weaned off 6 weeks before birth, bub was fine

Hope I've helped somewhat.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkSmarties For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    PinkSmarties thank you, your post helped a LOT!
    I was playing soccer 3 times a week before I became preg, so im deffinatly missing that. As soon as the town pool opens I will deffiantly go and swim during the week when both kids are at school/kindy.

Ive asked for a referal to a psych in the past but that gp was horrible and never gave me one, so i will ask at my clinic next time im in for a referal. I really think that will help.

And I am tempted to go back on my meds, for all of our sake, I want to get a 2nd opinion though before I make that step, just in case. I would feel forever guilty if this bub had any health issues :s

I dont get any respite with DD, except when she's at school, which is good but half the time i still have DSS or work or plenty needing to be done. It feels like it doesnt end!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LivinOnAPrayer For This Useful Post:

PinkSmarties  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely ask for a referral - push push push until you get one hun!!! As for going back on your meds, the GP will weigh up the risk v benefit for you. In pregnancy, as horrid as it sounds, they weigh up the risks to the mother not being medicated, not the risks to bub. There are quite a few meds that are in the lowest category for pregnancy, and if you wean 6 weeks before birth, it can take away the risk of bub having withdrawal and needing time in special care. But I know the feeling - I was put on meds that are deemed "unsafe" for pregnancy at 22wks and DD came out with multiple food intolerances & I often wonder if I could've prevented it.

Can you get some respite from the kids at all? Family, friends etc? You need to look after you, too
    Sometimes you need to just ignore what needs doing and take time to relax. Some days when DS is at school and DD is at Childcare I relax & take time out for myself - the housework can wait, boring mundane chores can wait. Sometimes you need to forget what needs doing & just have some down-time... Especially when you have children with special needs!
    Last edited by PinkSmarties; 22-05-2013 at 13:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again PinkSmarties. Deffiantly, your so right. Forget the washing and go to the beach. Thats my plan on Tuesday If its not still raining!

Im so sick of the negativity around me. Everyone questioning why we are doing things, why we are not doing things, arghhh its our life, we are grown adults, back off!!

I just dont understand why people get so caught up in our lives. go away and let us deal with it ourselves if your not being supportive or positive.

Grr. vent over lol. Im feeling a bit better today, taking stock of whats really important and whats not so. Trying not to let other people or their opinions get to me and just focus on the most important things at the present

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LivinOnAPrayer For This Useful Post:

PinkSmarties  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going? Feeling better I hope