+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Irritable uterus or slow pre term labour???

So I was in hospital for 3 days over weekend with regular tightenings and period like cramping, I had a positive fFn test (for pre term labour) so was given 2 shots of steroids. I was sent home on the Sunday as the ultra sound showed that my cervix was still 3cm in length which they where happy with (small measure was 2.8cm ) since then I have still been contracting regularly at night at about 6 mins apart but last night had really bad Bach ache and cramping with it. Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    have they given you any drugs to take at home to stop the contractions (nefetapine?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They stop them once steroids where in system

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had prem labour at 33wks. I spent 5 days in hospital on an assortment of drugs. My contx were down to 3 min apart at one stage. After checking my cervix many times they sent me home as it wasn't effacing. After that I had regular painful 5min contx daily until he was born 8wks later.

You could have developed irritable uterus. If the contx get closer together or more painful is head to hospital.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

judi83  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a lot of back pain over night and still have it this morning, the closest they have been in 4 mins apart, that was in hospital. I am having really sharp cervix pains to this morning though oh it is so confusing