+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a friend like this except I have a 5year old and am expecting again and she only just had her first!! Not saying that I know more than her but clearly I know about babies and being pregnant etc I just put her in her place nicely one day and she hasn't done it since!

Thanks
    Reviews
    why would you post facebook status's about your labour progress and how dilated you are?! weird and a bit ewww.
    I had someone in my life a little similar. i deleted and moved on. So did she. we clashed and were not meant for eachother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Yeah it's very frustrating! Another thing that also is really frustrating me is my mother in law constantly telling me to give my son a dummy.

My son doesn't cry at all, the only time he cries is when he is hungry & when he is getting changed sometimes - I assume he is cold. I can understand considering giving him a dummy if he was screaming all the time but he doesn't need it.

She was holding him and talking to him saying 'you would just love a dummy but your mummy and daddy are mean and won't let you have one'

Gah! So frustrating. Why introduce something if I don't need it!
    some babies dont need dummies because they cry. some babies are just "suckers" and want it as comfort. my ds doesnt cry much and i didnt believe he "needed a dummy" untill he started comfort sucking on everthing including my boobs when he was a newborn. he had one for a little while then kept spitting it out so i got rid of it. was just a phase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    some babies dont need dummies because they cry. some babies are just "suckers" and want it as comfort. my ds doesnt cry much and i didnt believe he "needed a dummy" untill he started comfort sucking on everthing including my boobs when he was a newborn. he had one for a little while then kept spitting it out so i got rid of it. was just a phase.
    Yep my little one is the same he is a comfort sucker, DD was as well DS1 was premature so they gave him one in the NICU to help with him learning the suck,breath,swallow for when he fed

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can categorise her in your privacy settings as an 'exception'. Can't quite remember the correct terms (custom settings) but I have a number of 'judgey' people blocked from my feeds. You can choose which ones they can see though and block all others. Don't feel bad about not reading her messages, you have no obligation to do so & if you bump into her, just say 'sorry, I don't check my inbox very often'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    why would you post facebook status's about your labour progress and how dilated you are?! weird and a bit ewww.
    I had someone in my life a little similar. i deleted and moved on. So did she. we clashed and were not meant for eachother.
    Lol.. I didn't... My partner said my labour was 6 hours after someone commented on it and asked...