+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No heartbeat

I'm freaking out I went to my first OB appointment today. According to the calculators I'm 7 weeks pregnant. ..However he was unable to find a heartbeat through both a normal scan then an internal scan. The first scan didn't even show a peanut... then the internal should one but no heartbeat. He measured it at 3mm and suggested that I'm possibly earlier in the pregnancy than first thought. I realise that if I'm only 5 weeks that a heartbeat isn't likely to show.. but there is no telling how far along I am and if I'm 6 or 7 weeks then it's a worry!? He told me to come back in 2 weeks but I don't think I can wait that long without losing my mind

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    my first pregnancy I was 10 days earlier than I'd thought. I didn't have a dating scan so didn't find out till the 12 week scan, when I found out I was only just over 10 weeks. I was so surprised, I must have been about 7 days DPO when I got a really strong positive on a pregnancy test.

Are you having symptoms? Have you done any more hpts? I'd probably do a digital test to see if it came up with 3+ weeks, that would probably ease my mind.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep lots of symptoms. .. tiredness, sore boobs, just started to get morning sickness. ..but only here and there.. needing to pee alot, sense of smell. .. that's why I think imfurther than 5 weeks... I had blood tests on friday but the ob didn't discuss the hcg levels with me today. . He has asked me to go for another blood test tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had strong symptoms from 3 weeks (yep, 7dpo based on my ultrasound) and I got a +ve test at 7dpo too. I went for the first scan at what I thought was 7+3 weeks and was told I was only 7 weeks, but I did see a heartbeat. I was basing my gestation on when I thought I ovulated (opk's & BBT), if I had simply gone from when my AF started I would have thought I was nearly 9 weeks gestation as I have long cycles, ovulate late and have a short luteal phase.

Seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks is not guarenteed, so if you are out by 4 or 5 days (or more) it's thoroughly possible that you've still got a viable pregnancy! If you have a rising HCG then I would relax.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

shivvy  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had the same thing with my last pregnancy. My external scan couldn't see anything but the internal showed a little peanut but no heart beat and measuring a week and a half behind my calculations. After already having 2 miscarriages I panicked but I went back 2 weeks later and a perfect little peanut with a strong heartbeat best of luck

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-07-2013),shivvy  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shivvy I had pretty much the same thing, my EDD by LMP wasn't right and when I went for the scan they thought I'd m/c. They told to come back in a week, longest week of my life!! Turns out bub was a week younger than we thought! 21w+ 3d now and all is well. Try not to worry too much and DO NOT get onto google, it will only cause you more worry!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-07-2013)