+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Entertaining 4 month old...

I have a 4.5 month old who likes to be held or entertained all day long which is exhausting to say the least. He has an activity mat with the toys that hang down and is happy there FOR ABOUT FIVE MINUTES...

He also has a bouncer where he is happy FOR ABOUT FIVE MINUTES...

Other than those things I have a few toys he likes to play with when seated in my lap but I really need another option for putting him down so i can get some relief.

Any suggestions for what works with your little ones. Many Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing.
    My little girl is the same

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know some people don't like them, but my DS was the same and I found a jolly jumper to be my saviour. I didn't use it for long periods at a time, but it was great for being able to have a shower whilst he was jumping in the bathroom door way etc.

As long as they aren't in them for long periods, I think they're ok. I know others don't agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the jolly jumper. My kids loved it and it gave me a chance to get things done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My son will be 4 months this week.. he really likes the star on his play mat because it flashes and plays music. I'm lucky that I can get my 3 yr old to entertain and sing to him sometimes.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    These worked for my kids.

Lying on a mat in the backyard as I hung up the clothes. They loved to watch the trees sway in the wind.

In the carrier or pram as I went about my housework.

In the bouncer as I folded clothes etc on the ground next to them.

I found that as long as bubs was near me they were happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought DD a big play mat to lay on. She loves it. She can see me and I can sit with her. I put toys out for her to reach too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One thing I found when I hit that age mark with my first boy, was what I thought was him needing to be entertained a lot was actually him getting cranky because he was over tired and over stimulated

Please dont think i am saying at all that this is what is going on with your boy!

But just something to keep in mind, as it wasn't until I talked it over with the health nurse and she pointed it out to me...

which was a good thing as I had exhausted all my entertainment avenues!