+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pain and discomfort when sleeping

Hi ladies

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced pain/discomfort around 22 weeks when sleeping. I don't know if I'm just stretching at the moment or whether when i lay on my left side my little miss ends up laying on a particular organ but it's quite painful and preventing me from sleeping (i do also have some discomfort during the day but not as intense most days). I also am having back pain when laying on my back and left side It feels like my lower back is not supported when laying on my back or my side> i'm usually a bit of a dog leg sleeper but this has become impossible as my belly is just a bit too big and she ends up kicking that area as it must bother her. I've tried a full length pillow under my belly and between my legs and while that supports my belly it makes my back worse as the pillow itself is quite high, but even a lower pillow under my belly is offering no support for my lower back.

Has anyone experienced similar pain/discomfort and has any tips or body pillows that will offer support? I'm at a bit of a loss here and my poor husband is having to endure the tossing/turning and frustration which impacts his sleep.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a typical pregnancy discomfort. Have you tried heat like a warm shower or heat pack on your back? You could also have your partner give you a back massage to relax your muscles before bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Missy. I ended up getting a massage from my usual massage therapist and have been sleeping well since. Now sleep with a pillow between my legs and a heat back under my tummy, i just needed something small to support the tummy/back!