+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey nippy!

Just wanted to ask you about your PCOS. I had ovarian cysts when I was about 14, then I went on the pill and never really had any problems. A couple of years ago I experienced pains again but when I got an ultrasound, they couldn't find any cysts and had no answers for me. So I'm assuming it all 'cleared up' or went away. My periods are super regular and I haven't had any other PCOS symptoms... If you don't mind me asking, what I want to ask is what symptoms do you have that relate to it? I've read about it but its always good to get a first hand opinion

Even though you're not hopeful, good luck this month anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nippy View Post
    Hi everyone

I am TTC my first but recently found out I have pcos

So on my first clomid cycle with ovidrel trigger. Currently 6dpo. Don't have my hopes up as I don't really feel any different, plus I only had one mature follicle.

Good luck to you all, looking forward to reading all about your journeys
    Hi nippy, welcome to the group.
    Sorry that you have pcos, i dont really know much about it solike Hope i would love to know what some of the syptoms are....i have very irregular periods but had ultrasounds to check for cysts and make sure everything was doing well and it all came back clear.

Goodluck on your ttc journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had beautiful regular cycles as a kid. Then pill for 12 years. Came of the pill last year after I got married I was told it can take a while to get cycles back to normal. Cycles were 40D, 45D, 50D and then 87, So off to the doctors I went. I had no other symptoms. I am fit and healthy, lean, no hair loss or acne, no pain. Hormone levels all came back normal, bloods all normal except one AMH. It is the test to see how many eggs you have left. My number was high which indicated I wasnt ovulating regularly. So off to ultra sound. I have multiple follicles but no cysts. My bloods show I ovulated on my own in April but probably only 4 times a year?

So my only symptom is irregular cycles which only became apparent after coming off the pill. Obviously the pill masked my lack of ovulation. But hopeful with a little help from clomid I will see a BFP
    Last edited by nippy; 30-05-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow i dont think i could handle having cycles that out of whack, i think my longest was 45D and it usually hovers around 35D to 40D. The two cycles i had before my last pregnancy was 27D then 30D so i was hoping they were becoming a bit more regular.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nippy!
    Welcome sorry to hear you have pcos, hope you get a bfp soon too!

After reading symptoms for pcos I'm abit worried might need to head back to the drs!! Iv alway had cysts on my overies but they just come and go never caused any problems :/
    I had an ultrasound in sept/oct 2012 which showed some fibres on my overies? But no cause for concern... Hmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4no2 View Post
    Hi Nippy!
    Welcome sorry to hear you have pcos, hope you get a bfp soon too!

After reading symptoms for pcos I'm abit worried might need to head back to the drs!! Iv alway had cysts on my overies but they just come and go never caused any problems :/
    I had an ultrasound in sept/oct 2012 which showed some fibres on my overies? But no cause for concern... Hmm
    Thanks. I was convinced that the doc was wrong about pcos but on the ultra sound you can see like a string of follicles all in a line- my RE refers to it as a pearl necklace, but none are big enough to be cysts. You don't need to have cysts to have pcos but also if you have cysts you might not have pcos. Bit confusing!

But hey, see your doc if you are worried. It didn't mean I couldn't conceive naturally, just now with drugs, I have more opportunities- one a month like a real girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to know! I wasn't sure whether having cysts meant you had PCOS and vice versa. I'm not overly worried anymore, seeing as the ultrasound showed nothing and my periods are regular and I seem to be plodding along quite normally... We'll just see how I go ttc cos this is our first cycle of trying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When do you test?? I am only 6po

I just tested to see if the ovidrel is out if my system (it gives you false positives whilst in your system)
    I think it is very almost out, had a vvv faint second line, this means I can trust the result on test day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 9dpo today, which is supposed to be implantation day for me, so I'm going to test on Sat morning at 11dpo. AF due on the 4th. I've already tested a couple of times (silly me) and got bfns so I'm hoping Saturday will be the day! Have had lots of typical symptoms, but they're so similar to PMS so I'm going nuts waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I also wanted to say that I'm sure you ladies are obsessed with counting days and dates like I am, so thought I'd share this website with you. It's got all kinds of cool calculators and stuff to let you know when you should test, when you most likely implant etc etc. it also has galleries of other hpts so you can see what results other ladies are getting on what days and with what brands.... I'm actually obsessed with it.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/