+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not sure if my flow is any different now that I'm using a cup, but I definitely prefer it! It's so much cleaner than having to dispose of a disgusting used pad or tampon. No smells, just empty, rinse and reinsert. And no ongoing cost of tampons. Plus on light days you can leave it in for up to 12 hours, much better than having a useless tiny light tampon.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I would only ever judge it subjectively with regards to how often I was changing a pad or tampon, or factors like whether it is literally pouring out of me when on the shower/toilet (I went through a phase when I could only shower with a tampon in or I would have to rinse my feet and legs as the last thing before getting out = subjectively heavier than not having that problem)
    I couldn't give an estimate in mls or anything like that, but I can definitely tell what is heavier or lighter
    I've had to do that (wash legs/feet in shower and often grab a few tissues to put 'down there' to stop drips on the floor when i get out of the shower) ever since I first got af. My af has been lighter in the past year which I attribute to having a very different diet now. No...maybe its because I changed my brand of pads just over a year ago?!

I don't think the sanitary method you use to deal with af will influence the heaviness of your flow but catching it using different methods will make it look different (ie. Cup vs pads vs tampons).

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    I've had to do that (wash legs/feet in shower and often grab a few tissues to put 'down there' to stop drips on the floor when i get out of the shower) ever since I first got af. My af has been lighter in the past year which I attribute to having a very different diet now. No...maybe its because I changed my brand of pads just over a year ago?!
    I had that problem. Sorted itself out when my menstrual cycle sorted itself out, and got even better once I started taking the pill. Used the same brand of pads for the last 10 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I would really like to hear from the cloth pad or cup using ladies....I'm sure I read in here that they swear that their period is lighter as a result of switching from pads/ tampons.
    Ie used cloth.. I didn't notice much of a difference.

I prefer cloth when I wasn't tracking my periods or I'd have one stashed in my bag incase of downpour it was inconspicuous so if it fell out or was seen by anyone it would take awhile to register what it was.. Lol

But in terms of flow... Not much difference to me..

They do feel bulky though definitely have that paranoia people can see it 'moving' on your bum..so I still used tampons out and about, But I felt they gave me more protective feeling then disposable pads... If you can imagine throwing a scrunched up flannel into a plug hole to stop water going down a drain oppose to throwing paper towel.. That's the mentality/comparison it left with me..

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love love cloth pads. I can't wear tampons as my cervix is quite prominent and tampon wearing is very painful. I'm allergic to disposable pads, even the ones that are cotton. I highly doubt they have asbestos but agree there are no doubt chemicals in disposable products that may or may not be harmful to some people. I have found since switching to cloth I have much less camping.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I would only ever judge it subjectively with regards to how often I was changing a pad or tampon,
    Yes this is what I meant, it is very subjective and depends on the absorbency of the different materials etc etc, that's why I'm a bit skeptical of how people can judge that it is heavier or lighter when they change to cloth.

Now I love the idea of cloth and I'm not saying the above to put them down, I just think the environmental and economic reasons should be enough to use them, without the need for a conspiracy theory.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know if pads / tampons containing harmful chemicals is a conspiracy theory. I'm not sure about the asbestos thing obviously but a lot of sites state tampons and pads have been bleached to appear white. Surely this can't be healthy for us?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need to google "period cup".

I just use the cotton tampons that aren't dyed and have no chemicals in them.

Theoretically, I guess plastics in pads could increase oestrogen levels and lead to heavier bleeding? Is that the argument?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Some do contain talc, and there is no way on god's green earth I'd be putting them near my lady parts. I think if you absolutely need to use disposable products look for organic, there will be all kinds of things - bleach, pesticides, etc - in your traditional ones and while there may not be a huge panic we simply don't know the consequences of having them so close to our parts...we are only just being warned of the dangers of talc (which is an asbestos-like product, so I'm guessing when people say asbestos perhaps they mean talc?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cup user

Periods have become shorter, pain has decreased. Can wear it for 8 hours without concern. Easy peasy and saves me loads of cash!