+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Letter from Centrelink RE immunization??

Hi all,
    I received a letter today saying my DD does not meet immunization standards (she is 2) and if I don't get her immunized by June 30 my family tax will be affected.

Problem is that she IS totally immunized, I'm 100% sure she's all up to date.. So what do I do? Call our health nurse who did the immunizations or call Centrelink? How do I prove that she's fully immunized? Is it in our blue book??

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this and it was just a piece of paper work had gone amiss I visited our GP who sighted the health book and sent in a new form

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Summerfun,

I had this problem with my second child, by memory I just photocopied the blue book and sent it in, as it is all recorded in the immunization section.

Has she had her 18month chickenpox? I found this one hard to remember as you usually don't see the health nurse for a visit at this time so you don't get a friendly reminder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got this same letter a couple of weeks ago. I called centrelink and she said they had received a number of calls regarding this. She looked into it and for some reason they didn't have a medicare number recorded for DS2 so that's why they didn't have his immunisation status correct. I gave her his medicare number and she said that should be fine now it will correct itself. Maybe worth calling centrelink??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got the same letter so rang centrelink and they said it can sometimes be a misspelling in name from your GP to Medicare and centrelink. I have to ring back in the next few days to make sure it has been fixed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks ladies, yes 3bubbys she had her chickenpox

Ill check our blue book when we get home and photocopy any relevant pages.

I bloody hate calling Centrelink though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow I got this letter the other day about ds2 and 3 and they are both up to date as well will have to ring and check and sort out as well.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had this too. All I had to do was call the register and they updated it on the phone and sent out paperwork confirming she was up to date.

I didn't have to send anything in. The lady could see the record, just no one updated the file at the register to say it was done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    This happened to me as well. Turns out the medical centre I had the immunisations done at never bothered to foward the info to medicare.
    Medicare followed it up and got it sorted. Turns out your childs health book means nothing when proving immunisation status either. I had mine and thought that was enough but no, medicare informed me otherwise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you usually have the immunisations at your GP you might find they have a letter from Centrelink saying your child isn't fully vaccinated either. That letter has a section for them to fill in to say that the child has been vaccinated & give the details (if a vaccination has been missed). That's my recollection of what happened with my ds - one of his vaccination forms hadn't been sent in by the GP, but they (the GP) rang me and we got it sorted out (they wanted to look in the blue book to double check their details and then they sent off the form).