+ Reply to Thread
    jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hiring a cleaner

Hi All,

I'm toying with the idea of hiring a cleaner for a once a week freshen up of the house. I work full time, study and have an almost 3 year old DD. I am struggling to keep up with the house work and am finding any spare time I have on the weekends taken up with cleaning... YUCK! I have hired a gardener for hubby (mows the lawn and does the hedges once a fortnight) so thought it would be fair to get some help for me The problem is I have no idea where to start. Where do I find a clearner? How much should I pay? What are they expected to do?

Thanks in advance

Oh, I'm in Brisbane, if that helps.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had cleaners who advertised on gumtree. Soooo much cheaper than big companies.
    They are usually students who have cleaner houses elsewhere for money on their travels and I have had two that are so good! Unfortunately they both moved so I have a new one starting in a week.
    She charges 24 an hour and so so worth it! My last girl was amazing folding ds blankets nicely and lining up his creams and shoes etc on his drawer top. I'm hoping this next one is the same.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

jbish  (22-05-2013)