+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post

good luck. It's a horrible and defeating illness but you can overcome it. Xx
    Thank you. This ^^ is the part I struggle with at times. I just feel like it is never going to get better that I will always be like this so it is so helpful when other people tell me I can/will overcome it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    Thank you. This ^^ is the part I struggle with at times. I just feel like it is never going to get better that I will always be like this so it is so helpful when other people tell me I can/will overcome it.
    I used to feel exactly the same. That is the nature of the illness. It distorts your thinking and robs you of hope and self esteem. But it is "just" an illness and with the right treatment you can and will get better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today was such a good happy day then bang it hits me out of nowhere. Now I'm sitting here unable to function yet again full of worry and fear with the irrational thoughts. I wish I could be a better mum for my kids they don't need this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What proof exactly do you have that you are not a good mother to your kids? Are they happy, healthy, well fed. do they know you love them. ..Remember it is just a feeling/distorted thought. It's NOT reality.
    Also try and live in the NOW. Forget about the past, don't think about the future... What can you do right this minute? Have a warm bath? Watch tv with your kids?
    Last edited by RipperRita; 21-05-2013 at 17:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What proof exactly do you have that you are not a good mother to your kids? Are they happy, healthy, well fed. do they know you love them. ..Remember it is just a feeling/distorted thought. It's NOT reality.
    Also try and live in the NOW. Forget about the past, don't think about the future... What can you do right this minute? Have a warm bath? Watch tv with your kids?
    Thank you. I just told my almost 4 year old that I'm sorry for being cranky I am just feeling a bit sick. He said 'its ok mum I know you don't mean it' then he came and gave me a big hug and said 'I'm sorry for being a bit naughty'. He is such an intuitive little boy he just made me feel so much better.
    Hubby has taken the kids to get dinner (takeaway no cooked meal tonight 😞) and I'm going to immerse myself in tv to try and get a break from my head.

Thank you so much for your advice it is truly helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw my GP. She's put me on medication. Feeling like such a failure even though usually I am the biggest advocate for people suffering a mental illness to get help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending big hugs and positive vibes your way. Please don't feel like a failure they have given you meds to help you get better and to see that the road your on will get better. It's not forever
    You just need your mind to be in a positive state and you cannot blame yourself as you have been through a rough time and it just happens to the best of us. I think I am crazy everyday!

You are are great mumma, it just shows by your son hugging you - you taught him to show love so that's the best thing in my eyes a mum can do xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsrulz For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You wouldn't feel like a failure if you went to the gp and got medication for diabetes or a heart condition. What's the difference? I'm still taking medication from when I had PND. I'm almost ready to wean off it but I'm scared in case I have a relapse. Have u taken AD meds before? They take a while to kick in and often the first few days are pretty yukky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You wouldn't feel like a failure if you went to the gp and got medication for diabetes or a heart condition. What's the difference? I'm still taking medication from when I had PND. I'm almost ready to wean off it but I'm scared in case I have a relapse. Have u taken AD meds before? They take a while to kick in and often the first few days are pretty yukky.
    No I haven't had them before and I am really scared to take them in case I have bad side effects. I'm also worried if I fall pregnant on them will it hurt the baby? Not that we're trying but it's a concern.
    I know my mum has suffered depression/anxiety all her life and I am always telling her medication is good for her and that it's the same as if you were physically ill I guess I just always thought I had good control over my mind/thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I held off taking them for ages because I've never been a medication person and preferred natural remedies however things got so bad i ended up taking them and it did help me a great deal although I found the first couple of weeks difficult to adjust. I got headaches and felt very "fuzzy". After that I went back to normal however I also saw a mental health counsellor as well to learn strategies to cope with my anxiety/depression. I have been well for over a year now but I still feel a bit ashamed and like a failure for getting it in the first place.