+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Daily. We live in a humid climate and the boys are always playing outside. Not to bath them every day is not an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3 month old and we used to bathe her 3 times a week. One week we found that we had gone a few days between baths and in that time she has decided that they are a torture device and now screams and screams and looks at us like "why are you doing this, why won't you help me?!" It has become such a traumatic experience that we dread giving them to her and hence she tends to go a few days without and just gets a wipe over. She used to love them, I don't know what to do now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My almost 2yo DS has 2 showers with me, morning and night and sometimes in the middle of the day before nap time if we've been particularly busy/sweaty/mucky/dirty for morning play.... We live in the NT though so quite hot and sticky pretty much all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty much daily. Unless we have gone nowhere and it's winter, then we skip it a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every single day if they get really dirty sometimes twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 4. he is bathed or showered every night, just part of his routine. And it is much about wind down relaxing time for him as well as cleanliness. There are some nights though that he doesn't have either, like last night. We had an incident with a toilet seat and his privates that ended in blood and he was not keen on getting it wet! So I just resolved to give him a sponge down in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    I have a 3 month old and we used to bathe her 3 times a week. One week we found that we had gone a few days between baths and in that time she has decided that they are a torture device and now screams and screams and looks at us like "why are you doing this, why won't you help me?!" It has become such a traumatic experience that we dread giving them to her and hence she tends to go a few days without and just gets a wipe over. She used to love them, I don't know what to do now.
    can you try getting in the shower with her? I think all kids go through not wanting some form of bathing. DH used to get in the shower with DS, have the water not directly on hiim but just wash him. He liked the cuddle time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    Oh im sorry you have to go through that, my DS2 (who is now almost 3) has had a pretty extreme fear of water for a long time now, it can be a phase though. Its hard when she is still so young. At such a young age I'd just stick to only bathing every few days and trying to make it very routine and perhaps try the water a few diff temps to see if perhaps she likes it a little warmer/colder. Also do you bath her in a baby bath or normal bath?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies we've tried making it cooler but that didn't work. I'm too chicken to take her into the shower with me in case I drop her I wondered after her last bath if maybe she doesn't like water getting in her ears so today we'll try sitting her more upright rather than have her on the bath support in her tub.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every night before bed without fail.