+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often do you bath your children?

A friend posted a status as she was annoyed her children had gone to their Dad's and weren't showered all weekend, they came home with body glitter from the Friday still on and smelt.
    A lot of her friends replied that it wasn't a big deal and bathing every second day is more than enough.
    Her children are 5 and almost 7.

My twins are 4 and DD3 is almost 6mo, all showered daily.
    Twins play outside all day (sometimes with the dogs) and come in dirty, they spill food etc, I won't put them to bed unshowered.
    6mo loves her showers and it's part of her bedtime routine at night as it relaxes her.

So how old are your children and how often do you bath/shower them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2 year old an 4 month old and they mostly bath daily with the exception of special circumstances ( i.e go out to a restaurant for a family dinner and get home too late, they fall asleep in the car etc) .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (20-05-2013),MrsOhara  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3.5yr and 15m old bath daily unless we are out or Dh works back really late and things are chaotic at home.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

MrsOhara  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our kids get a bath most days, the exception being the occasions that we get home too late from either work or a social event. Generally when this happens, I chuck them in the shower with me in the morning.

Yesterday, kids were filthy after watching DH play soccer in the morning (AKA playing in the dirt with the other kids), so they had a shower in the middle of the day, followed by a bath at night.

That said, I don't think it is a big deal if they don't get a bath every day, it just depends on the kind of kids you have. Mine generally need one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    3 yr old and 4 month old. Mine have one every day unless we are too busy. They don't need to but they love the bath so I put them in.

I don't use soap on them all the time though, just water and if DS1 didn't insist on having a bath every time I wouldn't make him because of his eczema.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two boys, 10 months and almost 3. Both have been bathed daily since the age of 6 weeks (or so). Whether they're dirty or not, it's part of their bedtime ritual. (They shower together).

I think every 2 days is fine. Any more than that without a top and tail in between is a bit yuk. I would expect the father in the OP to have bathed his kids over the weekend at their ages, especially if glitter was involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hehe my poor kids are bathed twice a day. Dh thinks I'm a clean freak and I prob am Morning and night. I prefer morning showers/baths as it wakes you up and makes you feel fresh for the day but a bath is also part of my night time routine it winds the kids down before bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daily in this house.

As a baby it was because it was a part of his nightly routine and he loved it, and also because he was quite spewy. Now, it's because he gets filthy playing everyday and he still loves it.

I can only recall one night in his life that he has gone to bed without his shower, to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    DS1 is 5 and he showers or baths daily.

DS2 has SPD and an extreme fear of water. So we do a wipe down every day and a quick bath (which he refuses to sit down in) every 2-3 days. Daily baths in his case simply arent worth the stress and discomfort they cause him and he generally isnt a kid who gets dirty anyhow as he freaks out when he sees a mess.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS who is two will have a bath each night and often chuck him in the shower with myself or DP in the morning. The morning doesn't always happen but I think it's nice especially because he wears a nappy all night. OP I'd be a little pi$$ed if DS came home and hadn't bathed in two days at that age