Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A mini holiday sounds nice! Enjoy and good luck! xox

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LJMsMum For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice LittleDuck! A mini-break is just what the doctor ordered after a D&C This week were DTD - fingers crossed! Good luck in...15 days to you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rushie For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks rushie....think I might open back up for business from the....17th of aug - doc wanted us to wait for 6 weeks after second MMR shot, but I'm due to o in the next 2 days so know I won't be fertile next weekend.

Fx for you! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Well this is very strange. I had a mmc which was diagnosed at a 9 week scan. I had a D&C exactly 2 weeks ago. I had very little post-procedural bleeding. It lasted 12 hours if that and then I just had brown spotting for two days. Very little, if any, real pain or discomfort.

For the last couple of days I have felt like I have my normal PMS; really reactive, emotional, sore breasts, hot flushes etc. I kept saying to my husband I feel like AF is coming.

I have been doing POAS every 2nd day since D&C and the line has been getting fainter every day and was very, very faint on an early response test two days ago.

Tonight I felt a mild cramp and then lots of flow. Sorry TMI coming up! It's red/brown with some small clots. I haven't had any further cramps and the flow is pretty much like normal AF right now.

The really strange thing is that this is the exact day AF would have been due had I never fallen pregnant. What a coincidence!

So, here's the big question. I reckon this is my AF but I'm guessing some of you may think it's my body cleaning up after the miscarriage. So what do you think? Possible or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tangwyn

Sorry for your loss

It could be your AF. Strange things seem to happen after a m/c and a D&C!

After my D&C I bled for 4 weeks and after two days of no bleeding AF came!!! I then ovulated 10 days later!

If you ovulate in the next week or so you could probably assume it was AF.

I hope everything works out for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LJMsMum For This Useful Post:

Tangwyn  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tangwyn

As above, so very sorry for your loss xx

And I agree with LJs - our bodies are capable of very strange things! My mc was very very early (4/5 weeks), and I had fairly light bleeding for about 3 weeks, then I think it was about 5 weeks before I had my first cycle - it was fairly heavy (or at least heavier than what I'm used to) with some clotting.

Long story short, I'm positive what you're going through is absolutely normal - for you. Might take another cycle to be sure everything's back on track, so to speak. However that being said my cycles have changed somewhat since my mc.

xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

Tangwyn  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss

I mc at about 10 weeks and had a D&C. I had very light bleeding for a couple of days and then light spotting for a couple of days as well. No pain or discomfort following my D&C at all either.

I ovulated 2 weeks after my d&c and had my period 2 weeks after that. I was already back to my normal 29 day cycle. Luckily.

Apparently everything and nothing is normal after a mc and/or D&C so try not to think too much into everything and let nature take its course with you.

Hopefully when you're ready to try again, your body will be too xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I meant to add that I was monitoring my saliva (ferning) so I could tell if/when I was ovulating again after my D&C. I wasn't ready to try do soon but I just wanted to know what my body was doing in the meantime.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rushie For This Useful Post:

Tangwyn  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rushie View Post
    Sorry, I meant to add that I was monitoring my saliva (ferning) so I could tell if/when I was ovulating again after my D&C. I wasn't ready to try do soon but I just wanted to know what my body was doing in the meantime.
    Hey rushie (ha for a second there I wrote "tushie"), can I ask - did you find doing the ferning thing helpful? I heard both positive and negative opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LittleDuck, for me yes! We got pregnant first time/go using it

I played around with for three months before we officially started TTC and then bam! First go, pregnant!

It says to do it first thing in the morning and I did for a bit but I think my morning saliva is to thick or concentrated or something - ridiculously full of pebbles all the time. But then I started trying it as soon as I got home from work (several hours after lunch) and that was much better for me. Much clearer saliva if that makes sense. Clear pebbles, partial ferning and full ferning patterns - so much easier to read.

I loved it so much, I was going to give it to a friend who had been trying unsuccessfully but didn't as no one knew we were TTC. I'm glad I didn't though because I would have had to have bought another one (given the mc)!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rushie For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (08-08-2013)