+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Confused

Good evening everyone. I'm new here and don't know if I posted in the right spot but basically I need an outsiders opinion. I have 2 year old daughter and am currently 16 weeks pregnant. Hubby and I purchased a house about 10months ago and have been renovating as we go. I'm not 100%happy with our house as we rushed to get it and now I'm thinking it was a bad decision to ever move out of my parents house. Lately I have been having feelings of depression and the other night my hubby and mum discussed us moving back in with them and renting out the house we worked so hard to get, so that mum can help out with my daughter and the new baby as well as us saving money for a house closer to them. On paper moving back makes so much sense because it would cut our travel time to work by over half and save us so much money on petrol and bills but I'm so confused over the decision. I feel like if we move back in with them were going backwards instead of moving forward as our own family. Sorry for the long post I just need someone's opinion who isn't scared of making me cry lol
    thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it's a step backwards, you'll still own your house but be renting it out so effectively you're lowering your living expenses as well as having someone else pay your mortgage. Financially it's great, it just depends if you're happy to live with your parents again but I don't even think that's a step backwards!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Burger12  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hon! Sounds tough! Buying/renovating a house and having a baby are both huge life decisions! So it makes sense that you're stressed and worried.

It sounds like logically moving back with your parents would be ideal. And it seems like it would help you emotionally as well. I don't think it would be a step back. It would just be a sound decision that takes into account your abilty to ensure your baby has a safe and secure future. I think you and your family need some time to adjust, and having the support of your parents will be so good when the baby comes.

It's not like it's a forever thing anyway! And it's not like you're losing your house. Once you and your family are settled, you can look at moving back into your home and going forward from there.

Just my opinion, I hope it helps. Best of luck, lovely!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambooflower For This Useful Post:

Burger12  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much both of you.
    Is so great to have another opinion. We get along great with my parents and dd adores my family. I appreciate ur feedback xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

Just wondering if you had considered accessing some external help, you mentioned feeling depressed. Moving back to your parents may be helpful financially but if you have depression you may still need some other help.
    There are counsellors who specialize in ante natal depression. And the panda website is a really good resource with telephone counsellors.

I hope you are okay and good luck with your decision re moving

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive got my 16 week app tomorrow and im going to dicuss depression with her then. My mum.suffered.from depression during and after last 2 pregnancies so i think thats why she is.happy for us to move back. She would be a huge help expecially with my toddler as i plan to brestfeed and it woud be nice for dd to have some one to play with. Thanks for ur.advice ill checkout the website

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a good idea. Keep us posted with how you go! :-)