+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    It sounds fairly normal behavior for a newborn. I wouldn't be doing formula top ups at the moment because you are building your supply. The best thing you can do is feed your baby when she wants to.

If you are feeling really overwhelmed I suggest putting bubs in the pram and going for a walk, or having a bath together and feeding in the bath.

I also second the baby carrier suggestion. Mine has been a lifesaver so far. If he isn't ready to sleep he just comes around with me while I do what I need to and eventually he falls asleep.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I know that feeling!!!

I wasn't comfortable cosleeping, so if DD would not settle in her bassinet at night, I'd sleep on the couch with her. It is very wide, with two ottomans and then pillows keeping her from moving (wow that sounds like a SIDS nightmare, but it actually worked and was safe). It also meant that as she stirred, I could pat her belly back to sleep, And if she didn't go back to sleep I'd feed her.

That way DH got a gull nights sleep, and could take her during the day so I could sleep.

We also out her in the car for a few night drives so she slept. I went with DH, couldn't bear the thought of not being with her, when really I should have slept. I also found it very hard to sleep in bed, if it was still early, and found it easier to "nap" on the couch.

Just take each day as it comes. It won't last forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm not a mum, but there is a 24/7 free hotline you can call 1800882436, you can call with any questions about pregnancy, new borns etc, google "pregnancy, birth and baby" it's a government run iniative, its Australia wide, I believe they have nurses and midwives etc that you can talk to any time of day or night
    Thank you so much for sharing this contact. I called last night and they were so helpful and gave me some tips which helped me get some sleep last night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to May baby For This Useful Post:

Pantsy  (20-05-2013)