+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I'm scared because it's something new to me. I know and trust my OB, I've given birth at St. George private and I know that they're fantastic. My OB makes sure that I get what I want. She's amazing!
    I'm nervous about being in a different environment, I'm nervous about not having a room with a tub because I'd prefer a drug free birth, with the exception of gas. I'm going to have my doula with me so it should be okay.
    I've decided to go to Sutherland hospital. I've heard too many crappy stories about St. George public...
    Both St George and Sutherland middies will be supportive of both water birthing and drug free birth. Just make sure you mention it a few times! Having a doula will make it easier on both you and the midwives, and the midwives will respect and listen to your doula.

Hope you have an excellent experience. Does Sutherland offer the external midwife program now? They were trialing it when I had DD, I never found out whether or not they kept it after the trial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I can understand why you are nervous, I have not used an on but have developed a level of comfort and trust with my private midwife and GP and on the odd occasion that I have to see an ob at the hospital I feel really anxious about it because its all new and a lucky draw as to who you are going to get. I think it's normal to feel vulnerable entrusting such an intimate time to a complete stranger, it's not nice feeling like just another file.
    Exactly right! That's exactly how I feel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm glad to hear mostly positive feedback about St George and the midwives there, I am going to try and get in there, but at the hospital rather than through the birth centre as I am hoping for an epidural. My experience at Bankstown was awful, the midwives were so obnoxious I made a formal complaint identifying the ones who did things like angrily shove the gas mask at me without showing me how to use it (or even switching it on) so they could run back to their cups of tea and chats, and ridiculed me regarding my attempts at breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    I'm glad to hear mostly positive feedback about St George and the midwives there, I am going to try and get in there, but at the hospital rather than through the birth centre as I am hoping for an epidural. My experience at Bankstown was awful, the midwives were so obnoxious I made a formal complaint identifying the ones who did things like angrily shove the gas mask at me without showing me how to use it (or even switching it on) so they could run back to their cups of tea and chats, and ridiculed me regarding my attempts at breastfeeding.
    You poor babe. What a frustrating experience. I hope your next experience is a good experience.

I sent through a referral this afternoon to Sutherland hospital. I feel nauseous and scared but it is what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had ds1 at St George public and ds2 at St George private.

My OB was nice but honestly the midwives were 100 times better at public. In hindsight I could easily leave the OB and just stay with the public hospital!

Eta: my midwifes name was Carol and she was awesome, almost like having a mum in the room with me. As I was induced (bub was distressed) she went over her hours and then I had Lara who was just as awesome.

The lactation consultant at public is amazing! She helped me so much with ds1, and, when at 7 days old my ds2 was admitted into the childrens ward at the public hospital, she organized a breast pump for me and visited me twice a day to see how I was going. I can't speak highly enough of her
    Last edited by misho; 20-05-2013 at 21:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I had ds1 at St George public and ds2 at St George private.

My OB was nice but honestly the midwives were 100 times better at public. In hindsight I could easily leave the OB and just stay with the public hospital!

Eta: my midwifes name was Carol and she was awesome, almost like having a mum in the room with me. As I was induced (bub was distressed) she went over her hours and then I had Lara who was just as awesome.

The lactation consultant at public is amazing! She helped me so much with ds1, and, when at 7 days old my ds2 was admitted into the childrens ward at the public hospital, she organized a breast pump for me and visited me twice a day to see how I was going. I can't speak highly enough of her
    Why was it better if you don't mind me asking???

Thanks
    Reviews
    sub
    Last edited by Kumo; 14-11-2015 at 22:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    Yes, there was a bath in the birthing suite. If you are keen for a low to no intervention birth, I definitely found St George better.

If you were looking at the midwife managed program at either, I would strongly suggest ringing ASAP. They do tend to fill up pretty fast.
    Hi risfaerie,
    I've got an appointment with the birth centre (end of this month) and I did mention with the lady on the phone that I wanted the midwifery group practice. I wonder if they would assign the caseload midwife for me? Or should I call them again and make sure? Omg it's a pain to wait on the phone trying to get thru to them sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump