+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 3rd Miscarriage

Hi I'm 43 have one child 4 yrs been doing IVF for 2 yrs and just fell pregnant in march naturally to then have a 3rd scan this week with no heartbeat. Gutted apparently I have a thyroid issue now which could have attributed to the mc. Now I'm waiting for it to pass on its own which could take 3-4 weeks and I'm still feeling crap and not doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how devastating that news at an ultrasound is, it's the worst thing in the world. I am sorry for your loss. Having been there there I waited 1 week to see if baby would pass, it didn't it was the worst week of my life. I could not deal with my grief whilst I was still pregnant. Please consider a d&c, my hcg was still increasing even after baby died so who knows how long I would have waited. Make the decision you think will allow you to grieve, for me getting the d&c was the right move. I wish you all the best, take the time you need and grieve for this significant loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. I know its so hard. I saw my gp this afternoon he said to wait till tuesday and if nothing has happened to go for another ultrasound to see whats going on. The issue with the D&C is that this would be my third so its not preferable ie it could cause scarring which could hinder falling pregnant again. So its a waiting game.