+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default discipline for a 4 and 6 1/2 yr old

I have a 6 yr old ds, 4 yr old ds and a nearly 2 yr old dd.
    Lately I feel I have lost my way when it comes to discipline. I have always been good at following through on threats but am finding it hard to find a punishment to suit my 4 and 6 yr olds. I use to do naughty corner but that dosent seem to work anymore and a friend suggested sending them to bed 15 mins early which they hate but is lost on my 4 yr old when he had done something in the morning and then is punished is at bedtime. They are not really naughty but mornings at the moment are a awful as my 6yr old answers back or gets really stroppy when asked to do something tho he does usually do it and my 4 yr old has to be asked 5 times before he does anything.
    I know consistency is the key and which is lacking at the moment but I'm just not sure which way to go.
    I'm turning into the mum that just shouts all the time and I hate it any ideas?
    Last edited by jdsmummy; 18-05-2013 at 12:34.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing. I am fighting a losing battle as well

Similar Threads

1. AP and discipline
    By 1492 in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 17:29
  2. discipline
    By catbox in forum Toddlers (1 year olds)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 22:07
  3. Going about discipline...
    By lucymoo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-10-2012, 08:00