+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    Which probiotic?

Forgot to mention that I certainly do wash his hands, haha! We are very hygienic. He sleeps 12 hours so that is sorted, and he got the flu vax
    We use a practitioner only one from our naturopath - metagenics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took my DS out of swimming last year to keep him healthy and my ENT saud bluntly to me " keep up the swimming.. I can fix ear infections but I can't fix a dead baby". Wow was pretty in your face, so this winter we will keep up the swimming.

How did you know about the asthma. I think my DS has it, I have it also but wasn't sure in my DS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Vitamin D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a single mum. Seriously I'm just happy to be able to keep DS alive another day! Let alone monitor his vitamin intake etc. crickey I was assuming he gets all the vitamins he needs from the food I give him.

We are always outside too - hate being stuck indoors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We eat healthy and go outdoors .. I will never give my kids vitamins etc .. I am amazed people do it .. Especially vitamin C .. Do we know how it is manufactured ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD3 is 3 and has asthma, her paed recommends keeping up swimming lessons it helps opening up the airways. Spend lots of time outdoors so your LO is used to the cold. We cut out most dairy which helped heaps and take a probiotic daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    We eat healthy and go outdoors .. I will never give my kids vitamins etc .. I am amazed people do it .. Especially vitamin C .. Do we know how it is manufactured ?
    We eat 75% organic , no packet or processed food and I think eat very well I still think Vitamin D is important for kids and its hard to get your omegas regularly every week - even with eating fish 3 times a week - how do you ensure your kids get 500mg plus every day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The organic thing is a whole other thread!

why if your eating so well do you feel you need to give them vitamins as well ?

I can't be bothered going into it today.. But I am just amazed at the vitamins kids are given ..also just noticed you mentioned naturopath .. So I will not say anymore .
    Last edited by Maybelline; 18-05-2013 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because as mentioned, we eat fish 3 times a week and still won't get the recommended omega intake , same with vitamin D , we are outside a lot but in winter especially are covered up more - I don't give multi vitamins - just the omegas and vit d,

we easily get the 200mg of vit C from 5 veg and 2 fruit a day but up to 2000mg a day is acceptable, and in winter we just take extra - cant hurt as its water soluble !

OP asked what we do, touch wood we never get sick and I'm sticking with what's working for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We see a naturopath who gave us a basic multi vitamin with vitamin D. We won't do swimming for the colder months tho definitely in the warmer, he has been going since he was 4 months I just don't like it in winter as I really think it contributed to his colds last year.
    We do go outdoors haha! I just meant that where possible I will avoid being out too much in places like play Centres and shopping Centres, the park and our backyard will still be frequented.

I haven't been on bub hub in a very long time and forgot how many people judge others. Thanks for replies.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (21-05-2013),Elijahs Mum  (21-05-2013),Smithy1  (22-05-2013)