+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    With my DD they were predicting from the scans 4.5kgs plus. My OB wanted to induce me because of this which ended up a Caesar. She was 3.72kgs when she was born. Those scans can be so inaccurate. If I hadn't had the 34 week scan I would have probably ended up without all the intervention and a normal delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yesterday they predicted 1.2kg at 30 weeks. Today he was born at 1.255kg. Pretty good guesstimate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Yesterday they predicted 1.2kg at 30 weeks. Today he was born at 1.255kg. Pretty good guesstimate!
    Elle congratulations on the birth of your baby and massive massive hugs for your NICU / SCN journey ahead. Please feel free to PM me with any questions at all about the NICU, pumping, etc!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

ElleB  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When my OB did a quick scan at 34 wks, he just measured head circ, abdomen circ, thigh length and fluid. He said with GD they are looking to check that baby is neither too small or too big - both are a problem with GD - and that there is not too much fluid, the other GD issue that can occur. He said bub was measuring slightly above average, but only one measurement was throwing him out from being average. He was not concerned at all and said the most important thing is that bub is not measuring too small indicating growth issues. He did say that the abdomen was measuring larger proportionate to the head, but not enough to worry. If there is a larger disproportion then they may become concerned about shoulder dystocia during birth, so I'm hoping he'd just been having big drinks of fluid before the scan!

It sounds like your bub is not much above average so I wouldn't think there's any need to worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats ElleB!

The doc said at the scan fluid is ok and there isn't need to worry, considering I do have GD so I shouldn't stress. I see my OB on Tuesday and he'll have the results and I'm sure will discuss he's thoughts with me! It's coming along now, after this OB app I go to weekly appointments! Ahhhh! I have my first birth class this morning which is exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my 34 week scan with DD1, she was measuring 2.9kg with a larger abdominal circumference than head circumference. She was born 4.07 kgs and I had a shoulder dystocia birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my 34 week scan they said DD had a small stomach and measured small but my GP said late scans aren't accurate as its harder to judge once bubs is bigger. She was born 3.3kg and no issues at 39+6 via Caesar as she was breech.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my results today! Bubs is in the 70th percentile. Whether that's good or not I'm not sure but that's us at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a growth scan in Thursday at 32 weeks, cos ob said my belly feels small (fundal height is perfect). Bub is measuring 1.8kg (ob said give or take 260g) and in the 33rd percentile. They also said my amniotic fluid is on the low side of normal. I'm having a follow up scan at 34 weeks. I'm a bit worried now, that bubs is growing too slow and that my amniotic fluid is just going to get lower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouschildcare View Post
    Got my results today! Bubs is in the 70th percentile. Whether that's good or not I'm not sure but that's us at the moment
    I had my proper scan at 37w on Wed - bub is measuring 65th percentile which the US tech said was awesome for a GD bub, so I'd say at 70th pc you're doing pretty good too!

Interestingly, she estimated his weight at 3.1kgs. DD was born at 37+1 weighing just over 3.5kgs - so he's smaller than her and I'm sure if I'd had a growth scan with her they would have classed her as 95th percentile or something (no GD that time).

Lil Smurfy, try not to stress. They will just want to keep an eye on it all. Make sure you drink lots of water (heard it can help fluid, not sure if it's true).