+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Skin is pretty amazing about protecting us from disease. I certainly don't consider it "filthy" to change a child on a footpath. I bet it wasn't the mums best day ever either!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-05-2013),LoveLivesHere  (17-05-2013),MilkingMaid  (10-06-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (17-05-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I have never done this.....when the bum is covered in poo, why would you want it going straight onto the fresh nappy?
    I open the front of the nappy and use it to wipe away most of the Ness and then tuck it under hubs bum, so while there might be poo still on bub, most of it is wiped away and ttucked inside the nappy. Then use wipes to clean the rest. When bub is.completely clean, lay fresh nappy under soiled nappy and then pull soiled nappy out of the way, leaving bubs clean bum in a clean nappy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I change my baby ASAP usually in the boot. I also use the stroller. I have tried the front seat too but he's only less than 7 months so that's not too bad. I wonder how a toddler will fit in the front seat for nappy change.

Having said that I will not change on the foot path unless I have a change mat and will it somewhere its not so public. In Melbourne's current weather there's no way I will change my baby outside as its freezing. I drove home and changed bub as soon as I could when he did a poo in the car yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The ground is filthy. People's shoes are filthy. I would never under any circumstances lie my child on a public restroom floor.

The poo, wee and vomit gets 'cleaned' with a dirty mop.

But that's just me, I hate germs and will do anything to avoid them.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I open the front of the nappy and use it to wipe away most of the Ness and then tuck it under hubs bum, so while there might be poo still on bub, most of it is wiped away and ttucked inside the nappy. Then use wipes to clean the rest.
    Thats what I do too...but I dont have the new nappy underneath before taking off the dirty one like the PP I quoted said. I do this then put bum down, bag dirty nappy then put on clean nappy....dress then tie bag etc etc.
    Last edited by London; 17-05-2013 at 18:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I open the front of the nappy and use it to wipe away most of the Ness and then tuck it under hubs bum, so while there might be poo still on bub, most of it is wiped away and ttucked inside the nappy. Then use wipes to clean the rest. When bub is.completely clean, lay fresh nappy under soiled nappy and then pull soiled nappy out of the way, leaving bubs clean bum in a clean nappy.
    This is what I do too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Meh. Do people really get themselves in a tizzy about a child being changed on a footpath? Really?

Obviously, it's not ideal, but neither are those germ infested change tables inside public parents rooms.
    Good point. I don't use change tables that are in disable dunnies (eg at maccas). As for parents rooms I have cleaning wipes and a change mat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

I've changed DD on the floor of toilets heaps of times. I don't see what alternative there is if you're at a place with no change table, and you're there for some time (e.g., at a restaurant).

app
    In that situation I change bub in the stroller. I either go outside (nice weather) or find a corridor away from the eating area if its a big place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    In that situation I change bub in the stroller. I either go outside (nice weather) or find a corridor away from the eating area if its a big place.
    Fair enough. I haven't always found there to be many options. We travelled a lot with DD, and often took a backpack thing that she would sleep in (instead of a pram), and there weren't always uncrowded areas around.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's what I used to do but DS has not been using his stroller since about 20 months so you do have to get creative!