+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I'm not qualified to make my judgement? I didn't know I needed a qualification to reply to your OP? You asked, I answered. I think she was a mother with her hands full, changing a pooey nappy the best way she could, at the time. I'm sure she didn't feel she had any other choice at the time.
    You ASSUME the mother had no other choice and was doing the best she could. You're basing that on even less insight than I had. So you could very well be wrong too.

Hearing everyones thoughts I am starting to think about different factors (Roses poo explosion etc). But assuming the best of a person, doesnt make that JUDGEMENT any more accurate ...
    Last edited by VicPark; 17-05-2013 at 17:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't really have an issue with it.

In her circumstance I would change in the boot or passenger seat rather than footpath, but maybe she couldn't fir some reason.

I've changed DD on the floor of toilets heaps of times. I don't see what alternative there is if you're at a place with no change table, and you're there for some time (e.g., at a restaurant).

In those circumstances I usually put a mat or heaps of paper towels down, and her bottom doesn't touch the surface (in a nappy change) anyway.

I've also changed her on a park bench and on the grass.

I'm not a germophobe, and not concerned about a baby being naked in public. I'd try to be discreet for the sake of other people (who may not want to see a yucky nappy).

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-05-2013),Stiflers Mom  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Meh. Do people really get themselves in a tizzy about a child being changed on a footpath? Really?

Obviously, it's not ideal, but neither are those germ infested change tables inside public parents rooms.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (17-05-2013),beebs  (19-05-2013),misskittyfantastico  (17-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (18-05-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post

However I am confused by the "bare behind" comments? Isn't it standard practice to put the clean nappy down first before taking off the dirty one - that way the bottom goes straight onto the fresh nappy.
    I have never done this.....when the bum is covered in poo, why would you want it going straight onto the fresh nappy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I have never done this.....when the bum is covered in poo, why would you want it going straight onto the fresh nappy?
    Agreed. I make sure the bum is clean as and then out the clean nappy under the bum

OP i would prob think it was a bit strange if I saw it but also think we have all been desperate at times so this lady was prob in a rushed situation. And prob had nothing to put under the toddler (maybe popped out quickly and didnt bring nappy stuff as she was only going out for 5 mins)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I'd do it myself, but I don't think I'd think anything if I saw a parent doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't simply because of it being uncomfortable for me to crouch down and I do not think that it would be appropriate with people walking by.

The germs side of things would not bother me, chances are my son crawled along footpaths and then put his hands in his mouth as a baby so his bottom touching a footpath would not do him any harm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My thought goes to, I hope that she cleaned up after herself and bub. I would be offended if she left the nappy on the ground....seen it happen many times on the side if the road, footpaths...now that makes me almost vomit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm sorry there's NO way in heck Id change my baby on a toilet floor. I would be too worried about catching diseases.

Was the restaurant nappy change a nr 1 or nr 2? Nr 1's OK, I don't agree with changing nr 2's where others are eating.
    Im not worried about the possible disease scenario of a toilet loo floor. It was the best option vs guaranteed nappy rash if I didn't change it before a 9hr flight. Airplane loo and change tables freak me out more.

Can't remember about the restaurant... Bub was about ten days old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    With DD, I always kept her bum in the air until it was clean, and then put it down on the clean nappy.

If I needed to rest it then I put it down on the folded dirty nappy. So, I'd open up the dirty nappy, wipe what I could WITH the nappy, rest her bum on the front of the dirty nappy (which is a clean bit), then lift bum up and finish wiping, get rid of dirty nappy, and then stick clean one under.

Hope that makes sense!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (17-05-2013),HugsBunny  (17-05-2013),ICanDream  (17-05-2013),misskittyfantastico  (17-05-2013),new mum 15809  (18-05-2013),ProudMumma34  (17-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (18-05-2013)