+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good god no! The foot path is filthy I wouldn't sit on it myself never mind put my child near it. I'd use the passenger seat or boot if there was no shopping centre / toilets/ parent room anywhere near. The worst I've had to do is on a change mat on grass in a park. Or awkwardly but doable is in the stroller.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yuck no I wouldn't. We change DD's nappy in the boot if we are stuck. We have a huge boot. It is clean, empty and plenty of room for her to be changed and it's soft. I wouldn't consider changing her on the footpath.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Child sitting in own filth ...V .... child laying down in other people's filth........
    Absolutely *shudders*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If we were close to home, I'd just take the kid home to change.. I don't want to sit on a footpath with pants ON. I wouldn't put my kids bare behind onto the footpath if there was any other option available. I'm not all that funny about most germs either, but I have seen some interesting and repulsive things happen on footpaths..
    Luckily, my station wagon is an awesome baby change table when it needs to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eww no way would I do that! Id do it on the front seat or the bonnet if I really had to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way. How would you feel if you had to lay bare bottom on the cold hard dirty concrete for everyone to see?

If you aren't comfortable with that then I suggest not subjecting your poor child to it.

Use another seat, go to a parents room, if close to home go there. Hundreds of options none should end in dirty cold concrete.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not on the footpath you never know who has walked in what right where the baby is I have changed my baby in the boot and once when the boot was full on the bonnet of the car

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thy I hadn't considered the footpath being cold, as said previously I would change the child standing up if there was no other option. Passersby can get over it, I care more for my child's comfort than for the delicate sensitivities of anyone walking past.

Each to their own *shrugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is said child? I had times like this with my DS and even though it was so much harder I changed him standing up, much better than laying on a footpath IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldn't, like others I would use the car. I have even used the drivers seat before.

What I don't get though is why would the child's bare bum be on the footpath?? I don't know about anyone else but when I change a nappy I open new nappy, open old, lift bum, wipe, take old out and while still lifted put new in so bum is never on the floor.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (17-05-2013),new mum 15809  (17-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (17-05-2013)