+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You touch money and then you touch your toddler right? Doesn't matter where you touch them, they can still get the flu from filthy money

Just trying to point out that you can't freak out about a footpath and not freak out about money, or anything else in this entire world, your skin and hair included. Germs are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The difference is I don't wipe my toddlers but with a $10 note

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Eeekkkk.... I won't wear bare feet in public and won't go in public toilets if I'm wearing thongs. Then again you live in the country, perhaps things are cleaner there..?
    I haven't read through all the replies yet. But, you don't go into public bathrooms with flipflops on?!

Paranoid much VicPark?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading through this, I must be an awful nanny!!! I don't think I've ever changed a kid on a footpath, but heaps of times on grass or a park bench. I've also let kids have 'nature wees' if we were out and nowhere near a toilet.

And I have a hilarious story of something that happened to me while at Prahran pool but I worry of giving VicPark a heart attack! It makes me giggle just remembering it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This actually happened to me the other day! DS who is 2 had a massive diarrhea poo explosion soon after arriving at a park the other day! I had a spare nappy but no wipes! There were only filthy public toilets to run to, there was no table, just a cold hard concrete floor! I didn't want to do grass for people seeing/smelling and not car because literally it was like milkshake consistency and was over flowing everywhere! Luckily I had my mum with me and being swimming lesson day I had a towel to lay him on. I had to ask for wipes off another mum in the park and in the end I wrapped everything in the towel and threw it away!!! Needless to say we went straight home, no swimming lesson!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely a hoverer! And big on hand washing. But I'm not fussed on where somebody changes a nappy or allows their young child to have a wee. You just have to do what you have to do sometimes when it comes to young children.

America has flushable toilet seat covers in a majority of public bathrooms. I get pretty excited to use one whenever I get home! But in general I'll choose to hover even if they're on offer because I do what I can to not waste paper. But when I first land the novelty of it is usually too strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    In my experience with 3 of each boys are harder than girls to train.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Damn! I was hoping my son would be easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post

America has flushable toilet seat covers in a majority of public bathrooms. I get pretty excited to use one whenever I get home! But in general I'll choose to hover even if they're on offer because I do what I can to not waste paper. But when I first land the novelty of it is usually too strong!
    America is such a strange place for covering everything in paper - straws come in paper, women love Tampax more than any other country in the world, toilet seat covers. As someone who has only holidayed in the US and didn't grow up there it's hard not to come away thinking they all must be the biggest germaphobes (and polluters!) in the world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    America is such a strange place for covering everything in paper - straws come in paper, women love Tampax more than any other country in the world, toilet seat covers. As someone who has only holidayed in the US and didn't grow up there it's hard not to come away thinking they all must be the biggest germaphobes (and polluters!) in the world!
    Tampax is popular because its cheap and all flushable, so convenient. I actually hate them because they grow long rather than wide. It's also an American company so obviously it's going to be more popular and supplied more in the States than places that have to import it.

I forgot about the straws! It must have to do with food safety laws???

I don't think it has to do with individual Americans being germaphobes, that's just the way the products have always been provided so we don't know any better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Straws covered in paper (or plastic) are common here too...???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Straws covered in paper (or plastic) are common here too...???
    You're right they are. But you do go to some places where they aren't covered. In the states they are mostly covered.