+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think a 3 year old, regardless of gender, often have issues holding on and realising they need to go before they go out.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    And you don't think girls ever have to go RIGHT NOW? Having TT'd 2 girls, they do. But you don't see many people stripping girls down and squatting in public but I see boys weeing quite regularly.

The posts in response are exactly what I'm trying to understand - somehow with little boys it's "meh it's better than weeing all over themselves" but parents of girls have to try harder? I don't get it.
    I'll be exactly the same with DD. I see girls taking bush wees all the time, I've never really noticed that its just a boy thing, tbh. The one thing that's maybe a bit different is that in my experience girls seem to TT a bit easier than boys- maybe that's why you don't see it so much? I was discussing this with DP the other day, because I was trying to explain to DS that when he feels a funny feeling under his tummy (ie his bladder) it means he needs to wee, but DP said that actually guys feel it more in their penis than bladder, so maybe with little boys there's much less warning when they need to go? I thought that was quite interesting.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think a 3 year old, regardless of gender, often have issues holding on and realising they need to go before they go out.
    Couldn't agree more. But that still doesn't answer my question. That's fine - maybe there isn't one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I'll be exactly the same with DD. I see girls taking bush wees all the time, I've never really noticed that its just a boy thing, tbh. The one thing that's maybe a bit different is that in my experience girls seem to TT a bit easier than boys- maybe that's why? I was discussing this with DP the other day, because I was trying to explain to DS that when he feels a funny feeling under his tummy (ie his bladder) it means he needs to wee, but DP said that actually guys feel it more in their penis than bladder, so maybe with little boys there's much less warning when they need to go? I thought that was quite interesting.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    that's interesting - like i said my girls have done plenty of bush wees but the type of public wees I'm referring to and that friends I know let their boys seem to be more broad than with girls. I mean where we used to live it wasn't uncommon for boys to run out from a fenced playground, wee under a tree and run back in and keep playing. Girls would be expected to go to the toilet (I'm talking 4 or even 5 yo).

Like I said I'll be TT'ing a boy for first time in a few months so I guess it'll await me until then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    The one thing that's maybe a bit different is that in my experience girls seem to TT a bit easier than boys- maybe that's why you don't see it so much?
    I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing.
    DD1 was a breeze (eventually) whereas DD2 was hell on wheels.

Personally I think it's a bit like saying boys generally talk later than girls. Might be true for 55% but there are plenty for whom it's not. And there are so many other factors that come in to play like age, birth order etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one dd and one ds and agree i do tend to take my ds for more "bush" wee's then dd. This is because ds makes a total mess in toilets (even when he sits down it still manages to squirt out all over the floor). If I am out or at a friends house I prefer my ds to go outside rather than mess other people's toilets up. I would rather take him next to a public toilet then him pee all ver the place and have to clean it up. By the way my ds does have a medical reason why he pee's upwards. He has a piece of skin that half cover the hole (sorry tmi) and has alot of difficulty aiming.
    anyway that is why if you are at the park you will see me take dd to the toilet but make ds go against a tree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    And you don't think girls ever have to go RIGHT NOW? Having TT'd 2 girls, they do. But you don't see many people stripping girls down and squatting in public but I see boys weeing quite regularly.

The posts in response are exactly what I'm trying to understand - somehow with little boys it's "meh it's better than weeing all over themselves" but parents of girls have to try harder? I'm not judging I honestly don't get why it's different.
    Reading this I suddenly recall taking care of a friend's daughter once and if she needs to go she needs to go. I had to strip her and she did it on the grass squatting. We were out far from home and I didnt have spare clothes to change her if she wet herself. And for girls they are definitely not easier, I mean you have to remove her bottoms completely or they will still wet their bottoms when they wee. For boys just pull the pants half way down. Maybe I dont have daughters and dont know an easier way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    In my experience with 3 of each boys are harder than girls to train.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnels View Post
    Ok I saw lady outside a Westfield shopping centre, about 20m from an entrance helping her son urinate against a wall near a footpath where everyone walks. The son looked approx 3 y.o. She was crouching down behind him so that nobody would see him. Obviously everyone could seè.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I've never toilet trained before but I thought surely he could've waited another 2 mins to get inside and use a toilet?
    Ask yourself that again when you do TT. When they have to go they HAVE to go.