+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    how would you know....did you get your face right up in there?
    It wasn't hard to see. It was on the footpath. And yeah I had a gawk. Thought my eyes were tricking me the first time,...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've always wondered what thread on BH would be about me... today I've decided it's going to be about my barefooted kids walking around while I wear shoes.

Can I cite cultural reasons? My kids are half Hori, no shoes is a pre-requisite... or does this mean they should wear one shoe?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    And do ppl really wipe down their kids hands after touching money or shopping trolleys?? Lol never done that before!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I am totally OTT about germs - my DD's hands get sanitised after touching anything (or anyone for that matter!). If a toy gets dropped on the floor it gets put in a separate compartment in the nappy bag and disinfected when we get home.

So yes, people really do that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post

And do ppl really wipe down their kids hands after touching money or shopping trolleys?? Lol never done that before!!

I do if I remember! I was a lot stricter when he was younger but not so much now but it does make me ill when I realise how many germs are on people's hands who touch ATM,s trolleys, elevators, money etc and then he puts his hands in his mouth !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Oh playcentres really are gross. DS made me go down a slide with him the other day, it reeked of pee

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Check out my other thread from today... A poor kid peed on the play centre floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahaha! This thread has been fun to read

I'm pretty sure poo itself is absolutely choc-o-block writhing FULL of germs. Yep, there is a known-germ versus stranger's-germs factor, but if you really needed to in an emergency, I see no problem with toilet floor/footpath/wherever, probably would not pick the wet puddle that may contain suspect loogies/cigarette butts etc. Take the kid home after and give them a wash to eliminate the worry about transmitting germs from their behind to their mouths/eyes etc later on if they go in for a bit of a scratch.

I also am not a hoverer at public toilets. It's my bum, not my face touching the seat And yep, I'd probably sit on a foot path normally if I needed to.

As for the protecting the eyeballs of the innocent, ok I'd try be a little discrete because poo is not really something anyone goes out of their way to look at but at the end of the day, nappies and poo are a reality of life and emergencies happen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to casio1 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by casio1 View Post
    Hahaha! This thread has been fun to read

I'm pretty sure poo itself is absolutely choc-o-block writhing FULL of germs. Yep, there is a known-germ versus stranger's-germs factor, but if you really needed to in an emergency, I see no problem with toilet floor/footpath/wherever, probably would not pick the wet puddle that may contain suspect loogies/cigarette butts etc. Take the kid home after and give them a wash to eliminate the worry about transmitting germs from their behind to their mouths/eyes etc later on if they go in for a bit of a scratch.

I also am not a hoverer at public toilets. It's my bum, not my face touching the seat And yep, I'd probably sit on a foot path normally if I needed to.

As for the protecting the eyeballs of the innocent, ok I'd try be a little discrete because poo is not really something anyone goes out of their way to look at but at the end of the day, nappies and poo are a reality of life and emergencies happen.
    Youre not a Hoverer??? Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive never taken dd out barefoot. Not judging others but im a bit of a germaphobe. Eeekkk. All those shoes walking around who.knows where they have been. And yeh blood, spit and goodness knows what else it would make me too anxious lol!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I am totally OTT about germs - my DD's hands get sanitised after touching anything (or anyone for that matter!). If a toy gets dropped on the floor it gets put in a separate compartment in the nappy bag and disinfected when we get home.

So yes, people really do that!
    I think we are the minority! I hate germs.

I HATE it when strangers in the supermarket think its ok to touch my baby, especially her face or hands. I then have to wash her down.

I will not wear bare feet in public and would never let my children. There is a reason feet get black when walking on car parks or in supermarkets barefoot, it's because it's dirty.

We have a 'no shoes in the house' rule. Why would I allow all the cr@p from outside to be walked into my house where the girls play?!

I hover in public toilets even after I wipe the toilet seat down and then line it- yes I take 3 precautions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find hovering disturbing on toilets seats lol...more chance for your business to get all over seat. I always wipe down toilet seat and around bowl in public toilets even if a cleaner has just finished from there...and always look under rim...