+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default camera choice help

After taking photos with my cr*ppy digital camera for the last few months, I realise i would like to get something better as it feels like the awesome moments are being captured in blurry and grainy photos.

I have no idea about cameras and photography, other than appreciation for good photography!

I am essentially confused about what type of camera I should be looking at.

DSLR or digital camera with a really good focus etc.

My main uses are family shots and some outdoors photos of the river etc. I do wonder how fiddly a DSLR camera is and would I be best to get one with a built in lens.

Any thoughts or advice?

This post maybe in the wrong spot. I thought I'd may get more views here rather than the photography section but please move if it needed!
    Last edited by acerbaby; 17-05-2013 at 12:35.

I only have very basic knowledge with my dlsr, only got it last year and do it as a hobby.

I chose a dslr for the high quality images, that i can change lens for more zoom, and so I can learn with it and have more control with the settings.

I love it and am so happy I bought it, i first stuck with the auto settings, and took a night class to teach me how to use it in manual mode. I couldnt go back to a normal camera now, however it is a little bulky to carry around sometimes.

Hope this helped a little!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbaby For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (17-05-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got an entry level DSLR for the same reasons as you mentioned and I don't regret it! We picked up the Nikon D3100 for about $800 from JBs with the twin lens kit.

I love this camera, it has a guide on the screen to teach you how to use the different functions which is so handy. Plus the auto mode shoots decent photos too

The only downside is its not a camera you can easily just throw in your handbag. It means lugging an extra bag around when going out... But it's not a huge deal

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (17-05-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    The only downside is its not a camera you can easily just throw in your handbag. It means lugging an extra bag around when going out... But it's not a huge deal
    Hehe thats when you then go buy a handbag/camera bag combination. Sooooo useful!!!

Another thing to look at are the micro 4/3 like the olympus pen range which still give you the lens option but are a little bit less bulky.