+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Happy dance - just wanted to share

This is a bit of a gloat ... So if you can't handle me high fiving myself ... Perhaps look away now

So if you're still with me - I just wanted to share something that I feel really proud of. I've just thought of the enormity of what I've been doing. I looked at my bank account today and realised I've saved all of the money I need to pay for my $13 000 surgery without getting a loan (I've already paid some of it off over a year). I'm so so so happy I've made it. I live with my mum which has helped hugely because even though I pay board and for a storage shed - living with her is saving me $300 a fortnight in rent alone.

I've been struggling lately as I desperately want to move out and my surgery date is constantly being put back so now I've achieved my goal I'm handing in my first rental application tomorrow.

I have been so careful with grocery shopping and buy only what I need, absolutely no wastage and meal planning. I also make everything from scratch and I've really stuck to my budget. I've also accepted every supply day I've been offered which has been a lot this term. It's been stressful working so much with my boys and no help whatsoever (my mum doesn't help at all ... But I know she doesn't have to. It's just a popular misconception that I get help living with her.) But it's all totally worth it. I'm going to work my buns off until surgery and hopefully have a fair amount of savings by the end of the year as well.

I know this seems like a pointless post - but hot diggity do I'm so pleased.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm glad and happy for you

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    Sent from my ... Using the.... Does it even really matter

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's awesome well done High Five

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies It's such a lovely feeling. I think imagine if I didn't have to get this blardy surgery - I'd be on my way to a house deposit ... Oh well Ha

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good for you...I hope your surgery is a success and you are on the way to saving for a house soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's wonderful news TB&M

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you TB&M!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good job on the saving. What an achievement. Living at home or not, saving that amount of cash on a single income is awesome!
    I have done a similar thing although for different reasons. I am currently living with my parents so we could save money to buy a caravan and go on trips. I pick up the caravan in 11weeks than I plan to start saving towards a house deposit, move out into my own rental (again) after our 6 week trip and in the new year and than continue saving. My goal is to save at least $5K a year (hopefully achieve closer to $10K though), put $20 a week extra into my super plus still go on regular weekend and extended holidays in the caravan. All in good time. Surgery first, and than the house deposit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work! You deserve to feel very proud of yourself!