+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default To start Masters while on parental leave of after returning to work?

I started my Masters by distance education last year but as I was pregnant it was just too hard so I deferred. I'm currently on parental leave and am returning to work (3 days per week) in August. I can't decide whether I should start Uni in July (bub will be 5 months) to get used to studying again before I go back to work, or go back to work and get used to working with a baby then start Uni in November (bub will be 9 months).

I guess I'm hoping to hear from those who have done it either way to see what worked best?

TIA :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bumping for the morning crowd :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have done both.

I'm studying again with an almost 5 yo, 2.5 yo and a 5 month old and I'm currently on leave.

I think it is easier to study while not working as there's obviously a lot more time available to use for study and you will be less tired (well as much as a 5 month old permits!).

I would personally start prior to returning to work as it will give yourself time to adjust to the changes rather than have everything happening all at once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies :-) I spoke to hubby about it last night and asked if he's willing to look after bub a couple of nights per week so I can lock myself away to study (if I'm not able to get it done while she's sleeping during the day) and he is, so I think I'll start in July :-) so excited to get my brain moving again, I studied for 17 consecutive years (school then straight to Uni) and haven't studied now for almost 2 years so I can't wait :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great, good luck

It's such an accomplishment when you finish!