+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For a 5yo party I would either invite all the girls in the class, or the whole class, or just a small group (eg. 5 closest friends) rather than inviting 15, which I imagine is either 2/3 or 3/4 of the class. That means that only 5 - 8 kids in the whole class don't get to go. I would guess that at 5 most children might have a handful of really close friends and the rest of the children in the class are probably in the same level of friendship (except for maybe one or two children which might not be much liked by the other children perhaps).

So, in the case of only 5 or so children in the whole class not getting to go to a party then I would definitely invite the twin brother of the girl you are inviting. Or I'd cut down the numbers drastically.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

River Song  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    i think people are thinking too much about saving $20 and not about kids having fun.

My DS is about to turn 9 and his party is on Sunday.

I told him he could invite 7 kids...he came to me and explained there were 8 kids and the reason it was 8 is because there were 2 girls in particular he wanted to invite but they hung out in a pretty tight groups of 3 and he did not want to hurt the other girl by inviting the 2 others and excluding her. He offered to pay for her himself from birthday money he knew he would be getting from his nanna.

That, people, is called compassion and we should be breeding that in our kids not telling a 5 year old to "suck it up and learn you don't get to go to everything". It is such a shame when a 9 year old has more compassion than a bunch of mothers.
    I admit that sometimes I can be a bit of a hard *** with things like this but in this instance I entirely agree with this post. Five is still very young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    i think people are thinking too much about saving $20 and not about kids having fun.

I told him he could invite 7 kids...he came to me and explained there were 8 kids and the reason it was 8 is because there were 2 girls in particular he wanted to invite but they hung out in a pretty tight groups of 3 and he did not want to hurt the other girl by inviting the 2 others and excluding her. He offered to pay for her himself from birthday money he knew he would be getting from his nanna.

That, people, is called compassion and we should be breeding that in our kids not telling a 5 year old to "suck it up and learn you don't get to go to everything". It is such a shame when a 9 year old has more compassion than a bunch of mothers.
    Sounds like the situation is a little different. You must be so proud of your son he sounds like a real gentleman

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So thanks everyone for your input. It sure is a difficult one. So the numbers are 15, 5 of whom aren't in her class, the other 10 are. I'm definitely not inviting the whole class! That would be silly as she's not friendly with everyone, and I know there are some she doesn't associate with. I made a point at the start that she just invited those she plays with regularly, then when the twin conversation came up I explained what I thought, she was completely accepting and hasn't questioned it since. So on this occasion both will be invited. The cost is a factor but not to the point where i'd exclude one twin (infact the numbers have already risen to 16 grrr!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What a thoughtful young chap. You should be very proud!!!