+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I'm a dyed in the wool Labour voter, but I have to say you can't seriously believe that the Labour party would be any different. Politics is still an old school men's club, the vast majority of them would probably be of the opinion that you suck it up and let the partner at home deal with it.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I don't know if the ALP would have done it different but the fact remains that it happened and the Libs then lied to protect themselves. Actions speak louder than words. If we want a greater representation of women in Parliament (and other positions of influence) then we have to acknowledge that there are times when a woman is going to want to take time away from the place of work for family commitments. By their actions the Libs have shown no compassion and understanding of such matters, very family UN-friendly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stupid question. Is Julia labour or is tony? I wish the 2 main parties didn't have similar names!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Stupid question. Is Julia labour or is tony? I wish the 2 main parties didn't have similar names!!!
    Julia is labour/left wing
    Tony is liberal/right wing/conservative

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    If we want a greater representation of women in Parliament (and other positions of influence) then we have to acknowledge that there are times when a woman is going to want to take time away from the place of work for family commitments.
    I think we need to recognise that women AND men are going to want to be with their families (sorry, huge bugbear of mine and DP's) but that's completely off topic.

Also, everyone quoted me writing 'Labour Party' so I can't go back and quietly edit my post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gillard is Labor
    Abbott is Liberal

I'm not sure who DH will vote for but I know it won't be the Libs. I'll vote labor as always.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I think we need to recognise that women AND men are going to want to be with their families (sorry, huge bugbear of mine and DP's) but that's completely off topic.

Also, everyone quoted me writing 'Labour Party' so I can't go back and quietly edit my post

I agree, her husband had initially been taking time off work to look after their sick infant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I agree. I asked DH tonight how he will vote and he doesn't know. But he said after today and that story he said he just can't trust men like tony Abbott and Christopher pine. He finds them just so anti-women he could never bring himself to vote liberal. Hove if Malcolm turnbull was leader he might consider it.

I think this election is really tough. Labor has to go but I feel sick thinking about the current line up in the liberal party.
    I think I just agreed with everything you said lol However it pains me to say this, labor is simply not doing a good job.... and the other option makes me shudder. It's like both are hopeless. On one hand we have labor, who have strayed imo from their core values, who are hated, and who despite putting lots of policy out there, haven't done the sums before releasing it. Then we Abbott.... the guy who is firmly stuck in the 1950's on a variety of issues and who I truly believe has a low opinion of women.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I agree, her husband had initially been taking time off work to look after their sick infant.
    I agree with you Bec - it doesn't really matter what Labor would have done - the fact is it happened to the Libs - these things always seem to happen to the Libs. We tend to focus on Abbott and his views on women, but Christopher Pine is the one I fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think I just agreed with everything you said lol
    Woo hoo!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (16-05-2013),delirium  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scott Morrison sealed it, labor for me!
    hubby still unsure.

Mel x