+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Each to their own, but I find such gross generalisations about the 'type' of person that votes liberal (or any party) to be offensive.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeah I agree, I hate it when people say those who vote liberal don't care about people.
    I would argue that I vote liberal because I care about the MOST vulnerable in society who dont have a voice e.g. the unborn who might not want to be aborted or the old/dying/disabled who don't want to euthanised

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the first time since i was able to vote, i am really unsure.

I have always been a purely Liberal supporter / dead-against the ALP. But nowadays i just dont know. *Usually* I prefer their policies and way of governing, but they have not had a strong leader in a long time now and they just seem so directionless! But with the dodgy leadership changes in Labour, i cant trust them.

If Kevin was still in charge, i'd be voting Labour (for the first time).
    If Joe Hockey took over from Abbott, i'd vote Liberal with confidence.
    But as it currently stands, i just cant decide which party is worse.

DH always vote Labour, but he's undecided this time too.
    Last edited by steel magnolia; 16-05-2013 at 20:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Yeah I agree, I hate it when people say those who vote liberal don't care about people.
    I would argue that I vote liberal because I care about the MOST vulnerable in society who dont have a voice e.g. the unborn who might not want to be aborted or the old/dying/disabled who don't want to euthanised
    very liberal statement..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (16-05-2013),Mellybel  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that, whichever way we vote, most of us feel that we care about other people and support the party that we think offers the most to society.

To categorise all voters (of any party) as uncaring or self centred is simply ridiculous.

We all vote for who we think will do the best for the society in which we live.

To say that all liberal voters are rich and uncaring is as ridiculous and offensive as it would be to say that all labour voters are poor and after free handouts.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (16-05-2013),HearMeRoar  (16-05-2013),Jellyfishie  (16-05-2013),LoveLivesHere  (16-05-2013),steel magnolia  (16-05-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I know who I'll vote for & DP and I vote the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Each to their own, but I find such gross generalisations about the 'type' of person that votes liberal (or any party) to be offensive.

In answer to the OP, yes, I know which party I will vote for, and DH and I share political views. I agree with those who say that it is important to them that they share ideologies/ political views with their partner.

Not really, that's why it's important to be with someone who shares your values thus is likely to vote the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    great then you should really be voting to the left, because when women are supported in society and by that I mean have good quality medical care, are protected in their employment have affordable housing, affordable child are, free good quality education for their children, will know they will not be living in desperate poverty and have access to free safe abortions.- then they are actually more likely to keep on with the pregnancy and not have an abortion.

The Liberals always make cuts to social structures that help level the field and bring equality. This makes many women scared and more likely to seek abortions.

Just saying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    Not really, that's why it's important to be with someone who shares your values thus is likely to vote the same.
    Sorry - I didn't understand which part of my post you were contradicting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - I didn't understand which part of my post you were contradicting?

You said it was a gross generalisation about Liberal voters etc. I was disagreeing, because if I hadn't found it to be true of the majority of Liberal voters I'd probably be friends with more of them or marry one, and that's not likely.

You yourself said its important to share those values with your partner, as per my first point, thus I disagree with you and find most Liberal voters to hold values that are not congruent to living in a healthy inclusive society. IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be voting the same, probably ALP. My DH is more conservative than I thought, though. He won't be voting for the liberal party this time...but I do wonder about future elections. I think I've got a closet liberal in my bed, just waiting for a Malcolm Turnbull or the like to take the leadership in the future.