+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am exercising my right not to vote this election.

I normally LOVE voting, but you have Gillard on one hand and what is the alternative? Abbott? No thanks.

as much as it pains me, on Election Day, I will get my name marked off the roll, take the papers and register a donkey vote.

The Australian people should not have to choose between two weak parties and their pathetic leaders.

DP wants to create a 'none of the above' party to show disapproval of the major parties but you don't have to waste your vote. I'm pretty sure that would be a complete failure because as a party you'd need a platform etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will be voting Labor in the lower house and greens in the upper house. DH is not eligible to vote but if he was he would probably vote Liberal as they support his industry more than Labor does.

As a household we would be better off under the Liberals but I think that I have a duty to look at the bigger picture not just as what is best for myself so there is no way that I could ever support Tony Abbott as prime minister.

Edited to add, I will never understand people thinking that they make a difference by not voting or doing a donkey vote. While you may not actually nominate a person, you are effectively voting for whomever wins in your electorate (and the bigger picture the governing party) as you did nothing to prevent them being elected.
    Last edited by MsTruth; 16-05-2013 at 17:38.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushie Parent View Post
    I am exercising my right not to vote this election.

I normally LOVE voting, but you have Gillard on one hand and what is the alternative? Abbott? No thanks.

as much as it pains me, on Election Day, I will get my name marked off the roll, take the papers and register a donkey vote.

The Australian people should not have to choose between two weak parties and their pathetic leaders.

DP wants to create a 'none of the above' party to show disapproval of the major parties but you don't have to waste your vote. I'm pretty sure that would be a complete failure because as a party you'd need a platform etc.
    Why don't you look at what the members in your area are offering and base your vote on that?

To not vote for Gillard/Abbot because you dislike them or find them pathetic is a bit cray cray. I would look past media hype and actually review what they have done, and what policies they have planned.

Yes, I know who I will be voting for and DH is voting for the same. Like others have said, I could not be with someone who's views are staggeringly different to mine. I feel very passionately about certain topics and to be honest, would struggle to have any form of a relationship with someone who inherently disagreed with my views (same sex equality, human rights, etc).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope the Australian Sex Party are running again this time. They had some really excellent policies. Although I wish they had a better name, as it puts people off even reading what they stand for. And it confuses people when the members handing out pamphlets are not people with whom you would consider having sex.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had one of the candidates door knocking at my house and had a lengthy chat with them. They were pleasant and all, but they won't get my vote.

you think my rationale is 'cray cray' but that's the beauty of democracy!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I honestly don't know yet. I'm still researching so I guess I'll just have to make sure I work it out by September.
    And as wrong as it might sound to some, DH will probably vote the way I vote. Mostly because I will take the time to research and make an informed decision based on what's best for my family and situation and he will want to mirror that, without having to actually do any research into something as boring as politics.

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know who I'll be voting for and like many others DP will be the same or I'd have to rethink our whole relationship!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a system but it changes. I normally vote for someone like the shooters party or someone obsecure like that.

If I vote for people I normally vote for who I know, independents and women. Sometimes women first, sometimes independents. Depends on what mood I'm in.

Dh is fairly traditional and normally votes for nationals cause he reckons they do more for the bush then the others.
    Last edited by Mopoke; 16-05-2013 at 21:49.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    will add that the economic position of traditional blue collar labor voter has now changed. I'm talking about the mining sector in particular. I would speculate that a lot will / have jumped ship due to the fact that liberal policies would suit their economic position better than labor policies.
    *deleted* didn't read properly.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 16-05-2013 at 19:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    I know who I will vote for. And I would never be with someone who voted Liberal. It would mean we have such differing views on the world.

I need someone who cares about people, and who wants a society where people come before profits, and everything that makes us or has made us a great country, like quality education for all, access to great health care and decent working wages and protected penalty rates and leave etc

I really wouldn't want a man who cared more about what he could get then society as a collective.

so yes I know what I'm voting and it's not liberal.
    Each to their own, but I find such gross generalisations about the 'type' of person that votes liberal (or any party) to be offensive.

In answer to the OP, yes, I know which party I will vote for, and DH and I share political views. I agree with those who say that it is important to them that they share ideologies/ political views with their partner.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (16-05-2013),headoverfeet  (16-05-2013),HearMeRoar  (16-05-2013),LoveLivesHere  (16-05-2013)