+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, already decided who I'm voting for in this election and already decided my answer to the referendum question they're likely to present at the same time (spot the nerd studying constitutional law this semester...).

Irrespective of my views or vote I think that labour have run their "natural course" in power and most electors will see it as an opportunity for change, rightly or wrongly.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ooooh referendum question: Same sex marriage?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    The notion that Liberal voters can be put in one box and Labor voters can be put in another is simplistic.

To suggest that because people vote Liberal they care more about themselves is offensive.

I'm a swinging voter so I don't put myself in either camp and I acknowledge that peoples choice is a reflection of their personal circumstances and experiences. It's complex for many people to make this choice and I think some restraint in perpetuating voting stereotypes would be helpful.
    I disagree. Historically The Liberals have been capitilists who support big business and individualistic each person for themselves agenda. They make the rich richer and cut benefits from those that have the least.

IMO they generally garner supports rom middle class and poorer Australians through racist policies and the media, painting boat people as terrorists and single mums as Sk@nky over breeders etc. they always support businesses rather then employees and are constantly trying to strip the rights of working Australians. I also find their policies and politicians downright sexist.

Im also not a labour voter any more as I feel they have moved too far to the right.

I hate that our country is turning into another USA.
    I usually vote greens with a preference to labour.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 16-05-2013 at 20:45.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-05-2013),BigRedV  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I know who I'm voting for. I don't have a partner but my Mum votes the same as me and my brother and father vote opposite.

I wanted to add that my XH never had his own opinion, he barely knew which parties were which and always voted what I voted.
    Last edited by HearMeRoar; 16-05-2013 at 16:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Ooooh referendum question: Same sex marriage?
    Unfortunately not! (Well, unless they add a second).

The likely referendum question will ask us if we want to formally recognise local governments in the constitution (it currently only recognises federal and statement government and sets out the separation of powers between the parliaments of each).

I am overwhelmingly against the idea! Too much detail in a high level document!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (16-05-2013),mrsoptomistic  (16-05-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bummer. Same sex marriage is a way better question but I thought it'd be too good to be true.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Given I'm a pinko, veggo, femmo, bleedin' heart leftie it's not hard to work out who I will vote for, or rather who I won't vote for. DF and I share political views with different emphasis on different issues. Our biggest dilemma is usually who to vote last on the ballot paper, the Family First party, the Australia First Party or similar types.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-05-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea who I'll vote for. I don't follow politics at all so no know nothing about either party. I usually just make it up as I go on the day or vote for who ever DH is voting for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Given I'm a pinko, veggo, femmo, bleedin' heart leftie it's not hard to work out who I will vote for, or rather who I won't vote for.
    Haha, same here and thankfully for DP too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I know who I am voting for and DH is voting the same.