+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Just double checked the costs. It can be free is some states if you are eligible (first degree family members who have had breast cancer), otherwise is it about $2k to have it done privately.
    By privately do you mean under the private health scheme?! Or do you mean it's 2k under Medicare/no private health..

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you this is informative

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is t strictly for family members who have had breast cancer? My mum died of cancer which started in her pancreas and then obviously spread.. Would that help me along? I could ask my father if t reached the breasts but I'm wondering if the fact se had cancer I general would help my case if I were to get tested?

My paternal grandmother had breast cancer before she died but she was in her 90's and developed it during her demise not sure if she would be classed immediate enough..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Does first degree family member mean parents/siblings?

I want my girls tested (when the are older obviously) as all the women in exdh's family have had breast cancer.
    I would presume so. Cancer Council and a few other reputable websites had some info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    By privately do you mean under the private health scheme?! Or do you mean it's 2k under Medicare/no private health..

My understanding is that it means its out of pocket if you are not eligible to get it free through the public system. It isn't Medicare funded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My aunty had breast cancer (but I know nothing about my mums family) she doesn't speak to them. The rest of my family have all died of some sort of cancer.

Is it just limited to breast or?