+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you submit the forms prior to bub being born? I should really start researching this haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Submitted my paperwork on 2nd November, it was approved within about 3 weeks but it missed my works pay cycle cut off so had to wait another f/n. received my first on on 22nd December, so quite a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Can you submit the forms prior to bub being born? I should really start researching this haha
    Yeah you can, then once baby is born you complete the final part. That's what I did, was really easy. You can complete the initial part online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I submitted mine 3 months before my due date which is the earliest you can do it but then you still need to send in another form once they're born, which you'll get from the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thank you I'll do everything I can before then to make it easier once bub comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GM01 what sort of documentation did they require to prove your self-employment? I'm self-employed as well and operate as a sole trader, are they going to want my BAS stuff? That only really proves how much I earn, not how many hours etc?

I hear ya Anjalee, I'm due in 8 weeks, should probably start looking into this stuff. We're not relying on the money though so I'm not particularly motivated to deal with CL (scarred from uni experiences with Austudy 15 years ago!!) lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    GM01 what sort of documentation did they require to prove your self-employment? I'm self-employed as well and operate as a sole trader, are they going to want my BAS stuff? That only really proves how much I earn, not how many hours etc?

I hear ya Anjalee, I'm due in 8 weeks, should probably start looking into this stuff. We're not relying on the money though so I'm not particularly motivated to deal with CL (scarred from uni experiences with Austudy 15 years ago!!) lol
    I'm a sole trader too and I was ready with my itemised invoices to prove hours, my quarterly BAS etc - they didn't ask for any of it! I think all I might have provided was my last income tax return notice of assessment.

So they verified my income only and not anything to do with hours or periods off work. However the income for my last year of work before having DD was reasonably high, so maybe they presumed that it must have satisfied the minimum hours requirements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool, thanks
    If they're just going off income then that will be easy (if I could earn the same amount doing less than the minimum hours required for ppl then I'm running my business waaaaay wrong lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my parental leave paid by my employer, then annual leave and long service leave and then the parental leave from centre link. I worked all the dates out prior and the centre link payments started on a certain date. Was no delay at all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

jellybeanicecream  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if you have to be employed for 12 months (similar to maternity leave requirement) to be entitle to ppl?