+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Can't find tampon string (tmi warning)

Sorry for posting this but I need some advice

I inserted a tampon this morning (day 3 of period) and when I went to the toilet later in the day I couldn't find the string

I've had a bit of a look myself to see if I can feel anything up there but I can't feel anything at all and now I am paranoid. Could the tampon have fallen out when I went to the toilet earlier in the day when I used my bowels and I didn't notice? I've since inserted another tamponand it seems to have gone in easily enough

This is very embarrassing and I really don't want to see the doctor about it. If it was still inside me, surely I would've felt it?

I'm 31 and have never had this happen to me before! Can anyone offer me some advice?

Sorry for the TMI and thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be going to the doctor or hospital asap. Better safe than sorry and if it is still there could possibly cause toxic shock. I'd personally deal with a bit of embarrassment just in case. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've accidentally inserted an extra tampon before and it was immediately really uncomfortable so I think you would probably notice if there was two up there.
    I would say you mostly like lost it while going to the toilet. When you have a shower tonight have another feel but I'm sure if the other was inserted easily it's probably fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I suspect it could have fallen out when you went number 2, that's happened to me before. But, I really, really think you should not have put another tampon in if you weren't 100% sure that the other one was gone. As pp said toxic shock is a danger when a tampon is left in too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You should be able to reach to the opening of the uterus by squatting and feel anything in there. Happened to me not long ago and I am sure it's the first time in 25 yrs it has happened to me and I was able to feel it and grab it out, but you would be able to tell if it is there. Contact health direct if your unsure and if you get a temp at all then I would go to the doctors or emergency immediately.