+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Silly question for the baby wearers...

I have a 3month old DS and once he has outgrown his capsule I plan to wear him more when out and about in our Manduca.

So my question is, do you ladies carry a bag or use a backpack? I don't carry a lot but DS is in MCN's so we do have a bit of stuff.

So what do you find works for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If she's on my front and we'll be gone all day I use a backpack or take my trusty nana trolley. If she's on my back then the trolley or a shoulder bag. I just try to travel light which is easier now that she's older. Nana trolleys are great!

Messenger style bags are good too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just put my stuff in the nappy bag and carry it over my shoulder, it's not too heavy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually have the car close by, so I leave the nappy bag in the car and just carry my wallet. Sorry, not very helpful, thinking about it I would probably just take my nappy bag with that days essentials (nappies & wipes).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I guess the nappy bag it is, I just hate carrying a bag! I have enjoyed being able to use the pram bag.
    GreenMamma how do you go with a backpack and the front carrier? Is it comfy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Backpack if I need a lot of stuff (with an ergo), and a messenger bag or some other bag that can go across my shoulder if I only need a little. The backpack + ergo is comfy, unless I'm carrying shopping bags or something as well... then I find that my back gets rather sore if I'm out for long.

I'm needing to rethink though as my bub's nearly 8 months, and she doesn't really appreciate being on my front if she's not tired. Some kind of bum-bag type thing might be good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find backpack and front carry fine, as PP said as long as it's not too much heavy stuff. I don't drive and do a lot of walking/public transporting, so my nana trolley gets a huge workout.

I'm also considering something bum-bagish as I mostly wear her on my back now, but am trying to think of a way that it's not just a straight up bum-bag. Because my Mum wears one of those and I can't go there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same as mummaoj, just kept everything in the car and went back if a change was needed.
    I hate carrying a bag, the one thing I loved about the pram was not having too, but preferred to babywear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear bubs on the front and have a light back pack or just a regular bag if i go shopping that sits in the trolley
    Last edited by oozzle; 16-05-2013 at 10:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, will try both, I have a lightweight backpack I can use but my baby bag is has a long strap so I can wear it across body, will just take out all the rubbish I don't need so that it's not so heavy and I think I'll just leave the stuff in the car whenever possible.

Thanks for all the input, I know it's a stupid question, was just trying to figure out the best way of doing things from the wisdom of all of you ladies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (16-05-2013)