+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first two are 21 months apart and I didn't have a double pram. I either wore the baby and the toddler sat in the pram, the toddler walked, or, if I was desperate, the baby lay at the back of the pram, and the toddler sat right at the very very front holding onto that bar thing that goes across the front. Lol, it worked really well!

Then when my twinnies were born, my DS was 2.5, and he either rides his scooter (the micro one Fearless leader was talking about), walks or sits on the front of the mountain buggy. You know how MB have that triangle thingy area thing at the front? He just sits on there if he gets tired. Or I wear a twin and he sits in the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone, seems like the double is more popular than not.

I bought my MB specifically for long walks (and a bit of jogging) and really only use it for that purpose. I don't bother taking it to the shops etc as DS1 won't sit in it there, so get a trolley or he walks. DS1 still naps, but we're usually only out for the mornings and home for lunch and a nap - or he skips the nap if we're out most of the day.

I don't think I'm going to be able to find a double that is as good as my terrain, which is why I didn't want to get rid of it. I might see how we go over the next couple of months, and may have to look at upgrading.

If anyone has the board attachment for the MB - does it get in the way at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a nb and 2.5yo. My eldest was never a big pram fan, so I bought a single and toddler board for when we were out shopping etc.
    I purchased a second hand valco with toddler seat for $60, which I used for long walks, and if we were going somewhere like the zoo or easter show. While it did get used, I don't think I used it enough that it would have justified the cost of buying a similar pram brand new. I find the doubles very bulky and awkward too, so I liked using the stroller + toddler step the majority of the time.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a bugaboo bee+ when out with just DD or short trips where DS can walk. Big days out I use the BJCS. In single mode DS can stand on the BJCS so even if I use it without the second seat it works well for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a Valco Hitchhiker on my pram and my eldest daughter loved it. Made trips out so much easier with both the kids. The skateboard attachment didn't get in the way at all and was high enough off the ground and close enough to the pram not to hit your feet on it when walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 was just 2 when DS2 was born. I wore DS2 in a babies carrier for the first 6 weeks or so but TBH, DS1 preferred to walk from about the age of 20 months. I took the ergo with me in the bottom of the pram for the first few months and never used it. DS1 always walks. He could walk for a good few hours before getting tired. Now at almost 3 he has been in the pram once in he last 18 months and it was more of a joke than actually needing to. DS2 was in the ergo.

I think skateboards look really awkward. I've never seen a pram being pushed with a skateboard attached where the person pushing it didn't look awkward or uncomfortable. I'm lucky that DS1 holds into the pram and rarely (if ever) does a runner. He likes holding the pram. He thinks he's pushing it ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a second hand P&T Explorer, I've used it once as DD hates the newborn thingy. So far I've either worn her in a hug-a-bub and DS in the pram, but usually I put her in the pram (I have a Babylove one which the car capsule clicks into) and DS walks. I've been really surprised at how good DS is at walking since his sister came along.

When DD is old enough to sit up properly I imagine I'll be using the P&T more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty sure I wrote this same post a year ago when I had DS. Dd was 2.5 yrs old when he was born.
    We used our beloved mountain buggy for dd but when DS came along we had the same predicament.
    My solution: kept the mountain buggy as I just couldn't part with such a great pram. There are times when dd is in day care and I put DS in the mb and head out.
    I also bought a Phil and teds with a 2nd seat for the times when I need 2 kids strapped in. In particular when we travel OS.
    Dd is now 3.5 and wanting to walk more so I'm also looking to purchase a skateboard attachment for the mb as that's the pram I prefer to take out.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was 19 months when my girl was born and we never got another pram! But my boy wanted everything my girl had, so we got a little fold up one $20 from target! He loves it! In hind sight yes I would have got a double pram to replace the single one would've been a lot easier!