+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newborn & 2.5yo - can I get away with a single pram?

I have a 4 week old and 2.5yo and I really don't want to get rid of my much loved mountain buggy terrain to get a double pram. I wear DS2 alot, but am worried about overheating him on warmer days when we do a big walk, so was thinking about getting a buggy board for the pram for DS1 to ride on (don't know if that would be practical for a 5-6km walk though).

Is there anyone out there that just has a single pram with a toddler and baby? And how do you do it - wear baby and toddler in pram or do you have a buggy board type attachment so baby is in pram and toddler rides on buggy board? (2 prams isn't an option).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing! I will have the same age gap when #2 comes along in December and was wondering the same thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing too! I have a mountain buggy swift and don't fancy buying a double pram. Dd will be 2 when bub is born and I'm hoping to get away with wearing him/her too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is the age gap between mine and I struggled with a single pram (DH was adamant that we weren't buying another pram). However after a family holiday where he spent a week carrying DS in tropical heat we bought one (DS was 3, DD 6 months). It has been worth it although at 3.5 DS is getting more reluctant to sit in the pram but loves standing on it. I wish we'd had it from the start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a bugaboo bee and I recently bought the wheeled board attachment. My 2.5 year old loves it she calls it her 'skate board'.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does your older child still have naps during the day?

If so, do you plan to be out during the days?

My kids were 19 months apart. Staying home drove me insane, so I needed a double pram so that they could both sleep whilst we were out and about. Plus ds2 hated the ergo and just wanted to be in the pram, so we definitely needed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 18mths gapbetween my boys. My double pram hasn't been used much yet, so far I wear DS2 (10wks). But on the times I've used the pram as a double, it is brilliant.

My eldest is only 20mths though so definitely plenty of pram time left him! He isn't old enough to be on the wheelie board yet (for long periods at least).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just sold my dbl strider plus because DS1 sat in it only a handful times since DS2 was born. He was 2yrs2months when DS2 was born. I'm getting a bugaboo bee+ with board.

So the dbl was useless for me!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a 3 year old and 5 month old- we never used a double. When DD was born I always wore her and DS would sit in the stroller or walk. We actually pretty much skipped a pram entirely, and now DD sometimes goes in the stroller, or is worn. If I take the stroller I always take the ergo or ring sling too so I can wear one while the other is in the stroller. It's been absolutely no issue, but DS has been walking long distances since he was 2. Depends on what your 2.5 year old is like, I guess.

ETA DS also have one of those micro scooters that he rides EVERYWHERE. They are really easy for littlies to get the hang of and way better than waiting for them to walk.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI there, in the early days, I used to wear DS2 when out and about, but only for the first 3 months or so. Then, we moved to the double pram. I could not have survived without my double Phil and Teds, with the seat at the back- used it everyday for years so I could achieve things like shopping and going for a walk knowing that DS1 and DS2 were securely fastened into the pram. It only got retired once DS1 was 4 and DS2 was 2. My eldest was a bit of a bolter when he was young (still a work in progress), so a standing platform wouldn't have worked for us, especially at the shops or when near busy roads. If your DS1 will stand on the platform or walk next to you, I guess it could work. Also, mine used to both sleep in it at the same time when we were out and about on long walks. All the best x