+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First ever IVF injection today

Wooohoooo - First injection done at the doctors. I'm a woose who's needle phobic so all my needles will be done at my doctors practice by the nurses, or at the hospital for the trigger (if they will - if not a relative who is a nurse might be able to step in).

I have US, BT and see Fertility nurse at Clinic on Monday and we'll see what they do then.

I'm on Elonva so I only need one needle to last a few days - its a good way of breaking me in gently to the cycle.

I really hope this cycle brings 5 good guality fertilised embrios - but I know I'm being optomistic. FS said she'll be happy with 3 good embies. Lets wait and see

Would love to share this journey with some cycle buddies.

Babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi T1gger- good luck with your first round of IVF- I really hope your IVF journey is short and sweet.
    I will have my first injection tonight- but I give them to myself as I am a bit if a pro now. This is my 4th FET medicated cycle and I have had 3 full stim cycles previously. We were blessed with our 2yo on our 2nd full stim cycle- so it does work but man second time round is proving harder than the first time round thats for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Sandramm1

Nice to know someone else at the same stage as me. Keep me updated.

My BT and US is due on Monday as it falls on a Sunday so they do it all Monday instead. no more needles and we go straight to EPU

Babydust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi again Tigger just wanted to wish you the best of luck on this crazy ride...

dont be afraid to try the injections yourself... I must admit I was quite scared at first doing myself and I have given lots previously to others... All in your own time though. There was another needle phobic in here I think who eventually made the obviously huge step to self administer. It will be interesting to see if you're still needle phobic after the course... I've heard of people being 'cured' of this by ivf !!

anyway that's great u have a plan. I played relaxing music before and during all my shots even burned candles and oils like lavender to get me in the mood.

I too had a myomectomy and will u be transferring 1 or 2 embies ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Butterfly

Had my first injection at the doctors and have BT, US and see Fertility nurse on Monday. They will see whether I need top ups or just go to egg collection then. If I go straight to egg collection then I just need a trigger that I'm hoping the hospital can do. But until Monday we won't really know what's happening.

We want to transfer 2 but don't want to count our eggs until they have hatched. Lets see if we can get 2 first. I have low AMH so have been told to be prepared that IVF may not work for us.

Babydust to all