+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 6 month old hates being wrapped and hates sleeping bags so I put her in a singlet, body suit or flannelette pjs + socks and she has flannelette sheets, quilt and then a soft polar fleece type blanket over top of that. If its a really cold night she also has a long sleeve onesie on between her singlet & pjs.

Also between her mattress protector and fitted sheet I have a thick blanket as one thick blanket under neath is the equivalent of 4 blankets on top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have a 4.5mth old.
    he is dressed in singlet, no legs long sleeve onsie, terry toweling wondersuit.
    wrapped. Flannelette sheet and 2 blankets on top. sleeps on sheepskin rug.
    Have a small oil heater on low overnight.
    In Vic and it's getting down to 2 degrees here at night.
    DS is down for the night at 7.30/8, wakes once for a feed at 3am and goes straight back to sleep till 6/7am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    i have a 4.5mth old.
    he is dressed in singlet, no legs long sleeve onsie, terry toweling wondersuit.
    wrapped. Flannelette sheet and 2 blankets on top. sleeps on sheepskin rug.
    Have a small oil heater on low overnight.
    In Vic and it's getting down to 2 degrees here at night.
    DS is down for the night at 7.30/8, wakes once for a feed at 3am and goes straight back to sleep till 6/7am.
    Just in case people are looking at this thread for suggestions, SIDS recommends babies not to sleep on a sheepskin rug.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DS was born it was late winter and I had him in a singlet, long sleeve long leg onsie, mittens, swaddled in a warm and strechy wrap, then tucked in tightly with two warm blankets doubled over. Always only to his armpits as to not cover his face. Room temp dropping to around 15.

My DS is 9 months now, so a bit easier to keep warm. Our room is around 18 at the moment and he's in a long sleeve no legs onsie, terry towel long sleeve long legs onsie, 3.5 tog sleeping bag.

As PP said - SIDS have excellent info on their website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 5 month old and I dress him in a wondersuit with his hands covered, and a sleeping bag I got from Target, on a cold night I put him in the sleeping bag with long sleeves, on a not so freezing night I use the sleeveless one. It's been getting down to 1 degree where I am at night so I usually end up putting a crocheted blanket MIL made over his legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put both of my babies in sleeping bags - with a singlet and wondersuit. Merino Kids' Grobags are fantastic. They are a bit on the expensive side but definitely worth it for the quality. It gets very cold here. Last winter my eldest was 10 months old and I put him in the sleeping bag with a cot sized doona over him. You can also get arm warmers to go with sleeping bags - which are like a little balero jacket with warm arms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gluteousmaximus View Post
    I have a 5 month old and I dress him in a wondersuit with his hands covered, and a sleeping bag I got from Target, on a cold night I put him in the sleeping bag with long sleeves, on a not so freezing night I use the sleeveless one. It's been getting down to 1 degree where I am at night so I usually end up putting a crocheted blanket MIL made over his legs.
    Did you get the sleeping bag with sleeves from target? I'm looking for one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to say reading some of these posts the babies seem to have way too many blankets or clothing on..just because it's 4c outside doesnt mean the room they are in will be ..follow guidelines ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always used a beanie for my two June bubbas, helps keep the body heat in... and I was usually beside them so however many layers/blankets I had on would be what bubs had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SIDS also recommends that babies Do not sleep with beanies on. Heightens the chance of overheating.
    My 9mo is in a long sleeve onesie, thin cotton jumpsuit, then a really thick jumpsuit (similar to a doona suit) with a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. His room gets down to about 12 degrees. He sleeps in till 7:00-8:00ish. Took me a little while to figure it out but we got there in the end!! He's a cold sleeper like me!!