Closed Thread
Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubbles - hi there! Im so sorry you have to lose weight before you can start...must be frustrating! I hope the procedure can help you get there.

Tormy - yes i know heaps of people getting their bfp's..a very close friend got pg first month off the pill..sigh. I hope i get some of that luck sometime soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I just being the worst friend in the world by being upset with my friend? Like all she is talking about is her getting pregnant again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbles, I'm hearing you. I have a friend
    Doing much the same. I think she thinks I can relate...? I don't know. But she is full of excitement and anticipation and its so hard not rain on her parade. I remember feeling the exact same way, when it was new and exciting, but now it's so mundane and heart wrenching.

Ever you articulated exactly what I'm feeling - I have no control. I'm a planner and a do-er, but I can't control this. We're having a really sh!t time outside of TTC ATM too, which is also spiralling out of my control and it makes me uneasy. But I'm trying to remain positive that all our stars will align and everything will come together.

If one more person tells me to 'just have some really good s*x' or 'just go away for a dirty weekend' or 'don't have s*x to try and make a baby, have s*x and enjoy it' I am going to hit them. We DO have good s*x, the time isn't purely consumed we us thinking 'I hope this works' and after two years TTC, we have tried EVERYTHING!! Carefree island holidays, not tracking the cycle, doing it when we feel like it, on O day, days surrounding O day, NONE OF IT WORKED!

Sorry ladies, I'm not in a very good place today... Oh well, hopefully my vent/rant will cheer me up for the rest of the day :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Ever1013  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm also another that feels the need for control, it's maddening I have no control over ttc.

I'm also sick of all the 'advice' on how to get pg. The one I've been getting a lot lately though is basically to just give up and be happy with the kids I have. Drives me nuts!

4 days until AF so I'm just waiting I didn't even bother temping today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know everyone is well intentioned, but they couldn't possibly understand the extent of how consuming it can be!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

tormyxxx  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Missus Mac! Some people really just don't have a clue. My Mum has been telling me to stop thinking about it and it will just magically happen. Aargh! After 15 months and not even a sniff of a BFP, how can we NOT think about it.

Del, It is so maddening when other people think that we really want to hear their misguided advice. Sometimes I feel like shaking people and telling them in exact detail what it is like to be trying, waiting and hoping month after heartbreaking month. I feel like telling them of every invasive test and every needle I have endured and have yet to endure. Maybe then people will stop and take a minute to think before they speak!

Tormy, well done on staying calm and cool with your sister. Far out!

Pigeon, Yes! I really hope there is bucketloads of baby dust floating around everyone of us!

10 days til our IVF nurses appointment. Not long now

Hi to everyone else! Have a fab weekend All

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having a downer day too 9dpo and BFN, I hate having no control over this, I want another baby so bad why can't it just be easy!!

Thinking about going to the fertility centre the budget Ivf place to at least have an appt and get them to do fertility check on DH and I since its much cheaper though them. Every month I go on clomid have an appt, scan and shot which cost me $280 each month. Budget Ivf is only $1300 for the first time and $550 every time after that no extra fees as told to me by other bubhub members like mumsical. Wondering if this is something I should just do! I guess there is no guarantee with this either. They do a free consultation and then fertility check on both male and female for only $150 so it might be just worth booking an appt now as I probably won't get in for a few months and then see what they say if I fall pregnant in the mean time I can just cancel....ok enough rambling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wish we had a budget clinic near us there are ones in Syd that just make you pay the gap. If we could do that, we could do a few cycles.

Ever - I know what you mean. I think it's kind of like death - people don't know what to say and end up saying stuff that while well meaning, comes off as rude and insensitive. I KNOW I need to just accept it's over!!! I'm trying hard TO accept it. But we are not quite done trying yet, and I don't need someone that has never had fertility issues making comments like "oh it sounds like it's time to just accept it isn't going to work. You have 2 lovely kids you know..". ummm yeah, thanks for pointing out the bloody obvious

Why does wanting another baby somehow mean we don't value the children we have??

Sorry for that vent, but in the last month, my mother, aunt and SIL have all told me to accept it and move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I wish we had a budget clinic near us there are ones in Syd that just make you pay the gap. If we could do that, we could do a few cycles.:
    Yeah that's kinda what they do, you don't get anything back from Medicare the ivf place does so it saves you the upfront fees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Del there's one at Liverpool? which is the same company in Brisbane. http://thefertilitycentre.com.au/liverpool/