+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question A phone call from Centrelink re: compulsory appointment question...

Hello

I received a phone call from Centrelink this morning to make a time for this "compulsory" appointment that would review my parenting payment and look at my childrens "health and development". I found this to be really really strange, I haven't heard of this before... And to my knowledge, Centrelink staff aren't doctors... Has anyone had one of these appointments before? I have two kids, ages 7 and just turned 2.

Thanks guys, hopefully someone can shed some light for me... I am a big worry wart and am wondering why they've called me for this appointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    *BUMP* Sorry, but have had 0 views

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no idea but would be interested to know. Like you I didn't realise centre link were doctors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would call centre link and question them? Seems very weird...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had a 'random selection' meeting. They wanted to make sure I was still single, kids were still with me, I had to give them pay slips. A few other things but can't remover what. I think phone bills and other bills.

Centrelink want to know everything about you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys... Yeah I will give them a call tomorrow and try to find out some more information. I did find it to be very strange! The only thing I can find when I google is things about the "pre-school health and development" check, but neither of my kids are at the right age for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mummabrain. My name is Russell and I work for the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries on social media sites like this one. Without more information, it’s difficult to know exactly what aspect of Parent Payment they will talk to you about in your appointment. There have been some recent changes in relation to Parenting Payment which they may want to talk to you about. If you’d like information about these changes before your appointment, you can read about them here http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...enting-payment. Appointments are generally made well in advance to any changes to let you know your options. In regards to the ‘health and development’ aspect of your post, we do require children to have a health check before they start school. Generally this is for children who have turned 3. It sounds as though you may have researched this already, however if you would like information on the Healthy Start for School health check, click here http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...l-health-check. I hope this helps!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ruahumanservices For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (16-05-2013)